Friday, November 30, 2018

What I Ate on a Thursday

I've been a little off for about a week or so. Just not feeling my best, feeling a little sluggish and I've definitely been going to war with depression. I'm trying to eat really simple nourishing foods to kind of help with my energy. Gotta have energy to fight depression! I had the day off yesterday, and it was cold, grey and rainy so I stayed in and cleaned and snuggled with some kitties. I also took a picture of my simple meals!
Carrot, orange, fresh turmeric, celery and ginger

I toasted up two slices of BFree sandwich slices, and topped them with mashed avocado and green chile sauerkraut. Oh, and there's also nooch of course. This was so tasty!! I might have it again today!
For dinner I made a tofu bowl with rice, baked tofu, carrot, green onion and a delicious gochujang peanut butter sauce. This bowl was supposed to have lettuce but my lettuce had gone slimy. It was still really, really delicious once everything was mixed together.



8 comments:

  1. my market's produce section had a warning about some lettuce being infected with e.coli. that was a bit too scary. taking a break from lettuce now.

    the bfree loaded toast looks so very delicious. yum. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew Romaine lettuce was off limits but now I'm kind of scared of all lettuce.
      The toast was delicious!

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry that you haven't been feeling well but I'm so proud of you for staying so strong and fighting like a champ. Your meals are absolutely beautiful and I imagine they are so freaking tasty. The lettuce section at my Trader Joe's was pretty bare due to the E Coli issue so I'm also taking a break from it for a bit and getting in my green veggies in the form of broccoli, brussels sprouts, zucchini, etc. I know it's not the same but it'll have to do lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lettuce section was pretty bare here too, and at other groceries but I assumed butter lettuce was safe, which it obviously is because I didn't get sick, but the slime scared me because I hadn't had it that long. I guess I'm joining you guys in passing on lettuce for awhile!

      Delete
  3. Your tofu bowl looks amazing! Thinking good thoughts for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a lovely day of eating. Staying in with the kitties is an excellent was to spend the day as well.
    Sorry you haven't been feeling too well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you also ingest a quarter teaspoon of black pepper to boost the power of turmeric?

    https://nutritionfacts.org/2015/02/05/why-pepper-boosts-turmeric-blood-levels/

    ReplyDelete