Friday, November 23, 2018

Thankful for Sides

Although I didn't go all out yesterday, I did make some gluten free stuffing and gluten free mac and cheese. Although I really love stuffing, or I guess dressing because I didn't stuff it,  I only like it one time a year. I don't know why but I never feel that great after eating it, even gluten free.
I also had some salad for balance! I know it seems crazy that I of all people didn't include mashed potatoes in my feast, but the ten pound bag of potatoes I got on sale had quite a few pounds of bad potatoes. It's okay though, I was more than satisfied after this meal.
The mac and cheese turned out really cheese-y and creamy thanks to a trick I learned from Edyn Jacks. I used the last of my violife cheddar slices and I blended them with the cashews instead of cutting them and letting them melt into the hot pasta. When I first saw her do this I thought she was crazy, but I've done it now many times and it makes the sauce so thick and creamy.
Kiki was very thankful for a moment alone on the pink sweater!



5 comments:

  1. Kiki is truly #blessed to get the sweater to herself!
    Looks like a nice dinner. Mac and cheese is always a solid bet.
    That is disappointing about your potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It rarely happens, she was living her best life!
      It was really disappointing. It didn't seem like much of a sale after throwing all the bad ones away!

      Delete
  2. Nice meal! I love some salad with more hearty meals- and i always want more veggies :))
    What a great technique for mac and cheese, never would have guessed
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was weird at first, but it makes the sauce really thick and the cheese becomes one instead of sometimes kind of being it's own thing. I always blend the cheese now!!

      Delete
  3. I love stuffing, too! I don't know that it agrees with me but I want to eat it anyway. I don't have it often, but there's something so instantly soothing about it.

    ReplyDelete