Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Cauliflower Pizza Crust plus Treats!

I finally picked up the cauliflower pizza crust from Trader Joe's! I was a big fan of their frozen gluten free pizza crusts which unfortunately are no more. It seems everyone is riding the cauliflower craze! This was definitely a treat, it isn't that budget friendly at $3.99 for one kind of small crust. But at the same time it's cheaper than other cauliflower crusts I've seen at other stores. And a lot of those crusts have egg or dairy. Since I love their cauliflower gnocchi so much, I definitely felt safe giving this a try.
So you cook this crust for some time with no toppings, flipping halfway through. I have heard complaints that it's hard to flip, but that wasn't my experience. I was afraid it would be delicate and break, but it's pretty sturdy. After baking it for 20 to 25 minutes naked, it gets topped and baked for for a few more minutes.
I topped mine with pizza sauce, vegan shreds, green olives, green onion and sliced pepperoncini. Man, another cauliflower dish I love! With the strong flavors of the sauce and the toppings I chose I definitely could not taste cauliflower. And the crust held together! I was able to eat my pizza with my hands! I am really impressed and will definitely buy this again! It's no substitute for a delicious gluten full pizza crust, but if you're gluten free or just wanting to try something new, or to sneak more veggies in I would say this is worth a try!
I have a little mini haul from Sunday to show. I kind of treated myself to a few things so it's a bit more exciting than my usual hauls.
cauliflower gnocchi and pizza crust,butter lettuce,lemons, avocado,conditioner,truffle salt(!!!)

I feel so fancy!

Since I had to go to Petco for litter, and there just happens to be a Whole Foods in the very same plaza I decided that meant I needed to try the violife mature cheddar since I love their smoked provolone so much. And I couldn't resist a Parmesan wedge!!! I am so excited to try both of these! And since I cannot resist a vegan caramel I got the chocolate for a treat after this week is over!




11 comments:

  1. Wow Hilary, your hauls have gone very upscale since the days of a big ol' bag of potatoes and Green Dragon sauce. I think I need to break out of my shopping rut! Your cauliflower pizza crust pizza looks amazing. And you must tell me how the two Violife cheeses are. A good aged cheddar was my favorite cheese when I was vegetarian and I'm impressed that they have a brick of parmesan for grating. I'm super eager to try both of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cauliflower crust was really, really good. Like way better than I expected.
      I did try the smoked provolone violife and it was maybe even better than Chao which I never thought I'd say!! I loved aged cheddar too. I'll definitely let you know how it is, I have high hopes!!
      I do feel kind of fancy this week!!

      Delete
  2. Yay I"m so glad you were able to treat yourself to some Violife!! That is definitely a splurge that is well worth and you will not feel any regrets over! Your pizza looks incredible, I definitely need to get one of those for the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the smoked provolone violife so I'm super excited for the mature cheddar and of course the parm!
      I really liked the cauliflower crust. To be honest I like it better than most of the gluten free options out there!!

      Delete
  3. I love the parmesan, we buy that a lot. Also, we get the block of Violife pizza flavour cheese - def worth trying if you ever see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only seen the cheddar and smoked provolone slices and now the Parmesan block. But I'll be on the lookout for sure because pizza flavored cheese sounds amazing!

      Delete
  4. It seems a bit strange to have to flip the crust, I suspect I would definitely drop or break it if I tried. But I guess a good thing that it is a relatively small crust in that regard. I am glad it was good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so scared I was going to break it, because it's very hot when you have to flip it, it's already been baking for twelve minutes. But luckily it's pretty dang sturdy!

      Delete
  5. Oh man I wish I could have that chocolate covered caramel! Best flavor combo!

    This morning I saw a butternut pizza crust (or something like that) at Trader Joe's. I don't even understand why!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the butternut crust too. I also read a hilariously bad review of it. Nothing about it seems appetizing or necessary. But the cauliflower crust is really, really good!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a delicious pizza; I'd been kind of skeptical of the cauliflower crusts when I first started seeing them, haha! And yay for Violife!

    ReplyDelete