Thursday, November 22, 2018

Miso Soup!


                        
                         
                  
                             
                                                                                    
I can't get enough of this song all year and it's of course meant to be played all day today! Maybe hum it in your head if you have any uncomfortable social situations today! I hope everyone has understanding families. It's really hard to deal with feeling teased and sometimes even bullied for having compassion.
Although I work today and I also don't really do holidays, I still like to make something kind of traditional just to feel sentimental I guess? I decided I wanted to make mac and cheese with the violife cheese and also gluten free stuffing. I have a loaf of BFree bread in my freezer from a WooHoo sale, but I'm hoarding that and want to use it for sandwiches and stuff. It's really, really hard to find gluten free bread that's vegan. Gluten free bread seems to have either eggs or honey, sometimes both. It's maddening.
Luckily Natural Grocers had this gluten free bread clearly labeled vegan! It's from a bakery in Provo. UT. Look at me being all local and stuff. If only it was artisan! I also picked up some miso and these veggie burgers I always want to get but never do. Hodo soy makes the BEST tofu but it's pricey and so are these burgers. Since they were on sale for under four dollars a box I decided to go for it!
Since I'll be having heavier food today I kept it light last night with miso soup with mung bean noodles and baked tofu. It really hit the spot as miso always does.
Whether or not you celebrate, and whether or not today is even a holiday for you I hope it's a warm and cozy day!


4 comments:

  1. Let’s be real, stuffing is hands down THE most important dish for thanksgiving, so you’re in good shape! Please post what you think of those veg burgers, they’re expensive here too so I haven’t tried them yet (and i’ve never seen them on sale). I celebrated at my friends’ apartment today and was so lucky that most of the side dishes were vegan! I brought a big fennel celery salad with pumpkin seeds, radishes and dried figs that was surprisingly popular.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have Thanksgiving, and a lot of the side dishes are things we don't have here at all (like green bean casserole). My Instagram feed has been a flood of photos of what people are eating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh stuffing is always so yummy, definitely a great dish to pick if you are going to pick one. Miso soup sounds like a perfect dinner after a heavy meal earlier. I have been loving soup so much this season. Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was a recipe for a gluten free millet stuff on Vegan Yack Attack. It looked really good. I might make it next Thanksgiving, because it sounds like my Mom might go gluten free, at least after the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete