Saturday, November 10, 2018

What I Eat When I'm Under The Weather

I've been a little under the weather the last two days. It's unfortunately that time of year when people start getting sick and breathing all over you. My body is fighting it off pretty well, but I just feel tired and icky. I haven't had much of an appetite, and when I do eat all I seem to want is soup! I've also been drinking lots of orange, carrot and ginger juice.

I also had this little, perfectly ripe avocado for a snack. With a little Himalayan salt and nooch. Also a few drops of green dragon sauce.Gotta have spice even when I on't feel well!
Thurdsay night I made a creamy red lentil and tomato soup. It was okay, it tasted more like pasta sauce than soup so it was a bit strange, but it was warm and comforting so it served it's purpose. I had it with BFree gluten free bread smeared with cashew cheese.
Last night I made beans and greens soup with cannelini beans and lacinto kale. This tasted so amazing. I made it with lots of onion and garlic and added some turmeric to the broth. On the side a grilled daiya on BFree bread. This is one of the first recipes I veganized way back in the day. I got the idea from Rachel Ray. It's very delicious, like a belly hug as the Happy Pear guys say!
Simple Truth Organic is Smith's/Fred Meyer/Kroger's organic store brand. They make some good products at decent prices. They have a coconut dark chocolate bar that is so creamy and delicious! I decided to try their yerba mate and I really like it. It reminds me of the yogi ginger tea, just with the earthiness of yerba mate!
The girls don't like that I don't feel well, but they do enjoy more snuggle time, and trying their best to make me feel better!




8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling well. I'm going to have to be more aware of feeding myself more nutrients because it is Holiday Portrait season so the little ones will be in and spreading their germs everywhere. It looks like you've been doing a great job of nourishing your body to help fight off the germs. Sweet snuggly girls will always make you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely germ-y season! UUGGHH especially little kid germs, they're super strong! Do you drink echinacea tea? I've heard it's pretty good at battling the sickies!

      Delete
  2. Sorry you haven't been feeling well; I hope you feel better soon, and enjoy those extra kitty cuddles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The kitties are doing their best to help!

      Delete
  3. Juice and soups are exactly what i crave when under the weather- hope you’re on the mend soon!! The beans and greens soup sounds really delicious, making a good broth is totally key.
    Kitty cuddles are definitely healing, so you should be in good shape soon ;)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely use vegetable stock, I feel like if you saute onion and garlic and ad enough flavors you can get a really delicious broth on your own!
      I love the kitty cuddles so much!

      Delete
  4. That looks spot on for lovely healing food. Hope you feel better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon, I always crave a gingery juice when I am under the weather. I am glad the kitties are looking after you.

    ReplyDelete