Sunday, November 25, 2018

Mini Haul and Pasta

I need a new pair of jeans so I made the insane mistake of going to find a pair yesterday. Seriously, black Friday weekend, what was I thinking?? I went to Old Navy and while I didn't get trampled I also did not get jeans, and got a different pair of pants that I don't even like, and weren't even on sale! Now I have to go back and exchange and all of that. I don't shop well under stress. I had planned on going to Trader Joe's thinking it wouldn't be too busy after such a big food holiday, but after seeing the carnage of black Friday I wasn't willing to take a chance. There is a very small Whole Foods next to Old Navy so I just picked up a few things to get me through until Monday when I feel it might be a little safer.
pasta,pasta sauce,,Miyoko's sun dried tomato cheese,grapefruit and ginger fizzy water, wellness shots,potatoes
The pasta, sauce and Miyoko's are actually from Smith's. They had the Miyoko's on a WooHoo sale because it's close to the sell by date.
I never buy stuff like this, but they were on sale at Whole Foods and I was feeling very frazzled and in need of extra nutrients. I had the vitality when I got home and it was very tumeric-y.
For dinner I had gluten free rotini with roasted garlic pasta sauce and shredded violife Parmesan. Plus nooch.
If you have a Smiths, Fred Meyer or Kroger near you, I highly recommend this sauce. It's one of their store brands and it is really, really tasty. It's not too acidic, not too sweet and no funky ingredients.
I stopped at Petco and they're handing out these little hats. Etta is the only one who would allow it. It's now become a toy, and they all are working around the clock to remove the white ball!








9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that hat😻😹❤Adorable😂Yes its about that time of year again.🎄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Etta makes such a cute reindeer!
    The day after Christmas is Boxing Day here, which is a huge day for sales similar to Black Friday over there (though so many Australian companies had Black Friday sales this year... we don't even do Thanksgiving here!), and I have never gone shopping on it. It is so crowded and looks so intense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is the cutest little reindeer!
      It's way too intense for me. And people fight over things, like actual fist fights. It's absolutely terrifying!

      Delete
  3. Oh good lord, nonononono...!!! Shopping the weekend after thanksgiving is just not worth the life energy. I diligently avoid stores between Tday and Xmas.
    I actually work in fashion (dunno if i mentioned at some point, I’m a designer) and Uniqlo makes great lower priced jeans that last a long time- tomorrow is “cyber monday” and they will have some kind of sale on them too probably

    I’ve always been curious about those wellness shots but never tried them, was the other one tasty? Or just like doing a nasty shot...?
    Miyokos sale cheese is awesome!!

    And love the kitty hat! Although i have mever met a cat that would tolerate such a thing.....
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously question my judgment! I avoid stores during that time as well, I have for years!!
      That's amazing that you're a designer! I don't think I knew that.
      I just checked out Uniqlo's website. I'm scared of ordering jeans online, but I liked some shirts and I started a cart!
      Okay I just tried the potent-c shot and I really, really liked it. It tasted like a nice sweet but kind of tart fresh squeezed orange juice. The vitality tasted like a really gross shot. I might try another one if they're still on sale.
      I can't imagine any other cat other than Etta tolerating the hat!I tried to put it on the others and well, notice there are no pictures!

      Delete
  4. That hat! XD

    Black friday is a ZOOO! Even places I don't think about checking for sales! We went to Lowes to get Christmas Lights and place was packed with people. We got a good deal, but promptly left after getting the lights

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I CAN'T WITH THE HAT!!!! That is the best ever! She's too adorable, I can't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Etta is too freaking adorable, what a sweetheart! That's great that the hat also works as a toy, haha!

    ReplyDelete