Thursday, November 8, 2018

Probiotic Kind of Day

I am obsessed with these Oh Snap pickles! I've been buying the spicy bites but yesterday I decided to try the dilly bites and I don't know which I like best! If you like pickles you will LOVE these! The dilly bites are nice and crisp which is a must, and they're nice and sour. Yum!!
The last time I was at Winco I noticed this new to me kombucha. I've never seen Revive kombucha! Since my home brew wasn't ready I picked one up. This was really, really good. It remins me of a Sprite mixed with a ginger ale but in a good way. It's crisp and not too sweet or too dry. They have a hibiscus something flavor that I really want to try even though now my home brew is ready! This flavor is also caffeine free because they use ginger to ferment the culture instead of tea!! How in the heck?? This is competing with Brew Dr. as my favorite kombucha besides my own!
When I was at Trader Joe's, I saw a Banh Mi noodle bowl that had rice noodles, their sriracha baked tofu plus pickled veggies with rice noodles. It looked AMAZING. It was completely vegan except the sauce was mayo based. It makes no sense because they sell vegan mayo!! Anyway, I decided to make my own version with vegan mayo and sadly minus tofu.
I quick pickled some shredded daikon and carrot and made a spicy mayo sauce with Just Mayo and this really delicious coconut sriracha sauce.
 It's a little spicy and a little sweet. It would be great on some cauliflower wings or of course tofu. Le sigh.





11 comments:

  1. Oooh look at all the fun things! The pickles sound so yummy and a sprite crossed with ginger ale kombucha sounds delicious. The bowl looks delicious too and a sweet and spicy sriracha definitely sounds really great too. WHere did you find that?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pickles are so, so good. I wish they sold them in Costco sized jars!!
      I really liked the revive booch. Even though mine is now ready, I still want to try their other flavors! They even have a cola flavor!
      I think I got the coconut sriracha sauce during my one trip to Walmart sadly.

      Delete
  2. Love those Dilly Bites! Bought some recently at a gas station! And that coconut sriracha sounds amazing. Also the pad thai noodle bowl — YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only been able to find the dilly bites at 7 11 an Winco!

      Delete
  3. The hibiscus refresher and turmeric ginger citrus are soooo good and no caffeine. Is there something bad going on with tofu?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try the hibiscus refresher and also their cola flavor. I think they also have a cucumber mint flavor?
      There is nothing wrong wrong tofu at all. I just have been doing kind of an elimination diet and soy is one of the foods I'm avoiding. Only for one more week and then I want to eat all the tofu!

      Delete
  4. Those dilly pickle bites sound like heaven! I am all dill, all the time. And brewing kombucha from ginger? MAGIC! I must say there are one or two brands of kombucha here that I stay away from because they are too strong with the black tea and caffeine, though most are subtle enough that I forget and it doesn't make me funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am all dill all the time too! Sweet pickles should not exist, except in relish which is okay sometimes.
      How can they make kombucha out of ginger?? It's pretty cool an I really appreciate that there is a caffeine free option out there!

      Delete
  5. The dilly bites sound so fun, and your bowl looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ALL pickles and kombucha so this is all very appealing!! Great idea with the quick pickled daikon (yum!) for the bahn mi bowl- honesty i think the version from TJs would suck because those noodles cold and cooked who knows when would not be tasty.
    I use green tea for my kombucha! Using black tea it ends up with minimal caffeine left after the culturing process but i switched to green tea because somehow i get better carbonation with it. I just buy a big box of cheap generic green tea at the grocery store.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! Maybe I will add lime to my next batch of homebrew!

    ReplyDelete