Monday, November 26, 2018

Some Stuff I Ate on a Sunday!

Ever since sparkling water has kind of blown up, I've wondered why there's never a ginger flavor.I mean La Croix alone has nine million flavors, and there are so many fizzy water brands and flavors, but never ginger. Until I walked into Whole Foods! This is the perfect flavored fizzy water. The ginger flavor is strong but not too spicy. It's like a ginger ale without the sugar which for some might sound awful, but for people who don't drink soda this is perfect! This might be my new favorite flavor of fizzy water, sorry grapefruit!
I forgot to show in my mini haul, but I picked up some fresh turmeric root from Whole Foods. So I added it in my orange, celery, carrot juice. This is my favorite combo, especially in the winter. The cheerful color and surge of vitamin c give me a little pep and cheer me up.
Yikes I miss natural light so much! I have two favorite recipes from Veganomicon. They are the lentil Joe's and the lemon-y roasted potatoes. I've made both recipes so many times I have them memorized! I have made one change from the original.  The original recipe calls for 1/4 or 1/2 cup of olive oil and I use about one tablespoon. I've made it both ways and I swear I don't notice a difference. I also use half of the lemon before roasting and I squeeze the other half after to keep the flavor super fresh.
I had my potatoes with some stuffed grape leaves from Trader Joe's. This was a really, really delicious meal. This is another dish you can prepare ahead of time and pop in the oven when you're ready.
I finally found one of the newish flavors of Ben & Jerry's awhile ago and it's been in my freezer for over a month! I finally tried some last night and just WOW! They are very generous with the peanut butter. And there are huge chunks of brownie which I'm sure aren't gluten free. It was worth the cheat and it's so rich I only had a small amount. Remember when the only vegan ice creams were chocolate or vanilla soy milk ice cream?? Which I still love by the way!
legs crossed like a good royal!
Here's my little diva Roxy being her cutest self. And if you gaze off to the right you can see the floofy sleepy Afro! She has kind of taken over that chair. I call it her throne!






7 comments:

  1. I also still like the old soy milk ice creams. Unfortunately 90% of cafes here that have vegan ice cream will have coconut based ones, which are no good for me. Bring back the soy!
    I do really like that flavour of Ben & Jerry's, but I prefer the PB section. I wish I could just get a whole tub of the PB part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem like a lot of vegan ice creams use coconut for the base which makes sense but yes, no good for you! The soy ice creams are always the cheapest and I think they are seriously underrated.
      I could not agree with you more about the Ben & Jerry's!!The peanut butter was my favorite. Why isn't there a vegan peanut butter ice cream?

      Delete
    2. A straight up PB ice cream would be heaven! With ripples of peanut butter and chunks of peanut butter cookie dough. OMG... if So Delicious made that one of their cashew flavours I would die of happiness.

      Delete
  2. Ooooooohhhh that ice cream!! I haven't tried that flavor yet but it looks and sounds so delicious. I have to agree I'm not a fan of coconut based ones because you just can't get rid of that coconut flavor and sometimes it just doesn't go. You know I also love some stuffy grape leaves and of course adorable kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The peanut butter was the best part for sure!
    I always think of you when I eat stuffed grape leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad there are much more decadent vegan ice creams! But there are times I wish for the older days. Like I remember Whole Foods had cheap pint size cartons of soy ice cream, and I would buy them and mix in nuts and flavors. It was awesome. But I'll take Ben and Jerry's anyday over that! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to try those lemon-y roasted potatoes sometime! Roxy looks so elegant!

    ReplyDelete