Monday, November 5, 2018

Haul, Dinner and a Cat!

I do a lot of my grocery shopping at Winco because of the prices and their huge bulk section. I also discovered that I can take back and side streets and walk to avoid the dreaded 200 bus. The only problem with Winco and why I can't really do all my shopping there is that the produce section is kind of an abomination. I'm talking cucumbers that almost squish when you touch them, and lettuce that is slimy and just blech. So I've been putting off going to Trader Joe's because my nerves can't handle when they're too busy. Yesterday I was able to wake up early and make it there about ten minutes after they opened. And it was STILL busier than I would have liked. I guess because it was a Sunday? I don't know but now that we're getting into the holiday season I won't be going there much at all. This might be my last Trader Joe's haul until January!
Falafel mix, red onion, apples,potatoes,fizzy water,peppermint tea,sweet potato tortilla chips, hummus (BOGO) booch,chickpea pasta,yellow onion, Goddess dressing,just ranch, coconut sriracha sauce
bananas, frozen blueberries,seaweed snacks,lemon,avocados,crushed tomato,butter lettucex2,shredded carrots,cauliflower gnocchi,coconut milk, canned pumpkin,Persian cucumbers and brown rice avocado rolls!

I kind of threw everything together so the haul is from both places. I'm the worst haul picture taker. I just empty my bags on the floor and take a quick picture. It's always a battle with my five snoopervisors wanting to sniff, step all over and sometimes chew everything in sight!
This is a new to me item.  Years ago, like seven or eight the Trader Joe's in Seattle sold veggie sushi at a decent price and I used to love picking some up as a treat. Then they stopped selling it and I was so sad. These jumped out at me yesterday and I couldn't resist! These rolls were under four dollars. I had them as soon as I got home and what a treat! The rice is nice and fresh, not hard and they tasted really fresh. They come with soy sauce, wasabi and pickled ginger. I will definitely buy these again!!

These I did not buy. Calling these a tortilla chip seems a little misleading because they seem to be more of a gluten free rice cracker just in small triangles. Although I like all of the things on the chip, nothing about this sounds good to me. It actually seems like a crime against tortilla chips.
My freezer is getting a little full of BFree bread I have stashed from various WooHoo sales plus leftovers. While I was organizing I found these Dr. Praeger's hash browns. I wasn't in the mood to cook so I decided to make room and have a simple dinner! These hit the spot with ketchup plus a salad!
I got a new bag and Etta loves it so much! For some hilarious reason she likes to lay through the handle.


7 comments:

  1. Although they didn't make a cameo appearance in today's post, I do enjoy that your flip-flops often show up in the background of one of the photos. It's become kind of a game for me, when reading your blog, to "Spot the Flip Flops."

    BTW - does TJ have their own version of the Goddess Dressing? Is it similar to Annie's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny! You're right,it's always my flip flops or a cat or cat toy!!
      Yes they do, That's what I got and their version of Goddess dressing tastes just like Annie's to me. And it's only $2.29 a bottle!!

      Delete
  2. I think Trader Joe's always feels crowded in part because of how small their stores are, but yes, weekends are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, I know they have reasons for their layout but it's just so stressful. I'll have to try a weekday close to opening.

      Delete
  3. Trader Joe's is always a mess. I have actually found that getting there about 15 minutes after opening on a Sunday is better because it gives the crowd a chance to disperse rather than everyone being gathered by the front of the store. Anyway, your hauls look great and how exciting to have that sushi treat! I'll have to see if my store carries those because they look delicious! I'm a little jealous of your bread stash, not gonna lie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How does Winco get away with trying to sell produce like that?

    Etta is such a funny girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to try and look for those sushi rolls at Trader Joes! I remember them selling only non-vegan sushi. I wish I could let you shop at my Trader Joe's, it isn't that bad at all. The parking is a mess but if you aren't using one then it isn't a big deal.

    ReplyDelete