Sunday, November 11, 2018

Mini Haul and Week Four

Bulk rice, hemp hearts and red lentils, ginger lemon and orange spice tea, hibiscus kombucha,dilly bites pickles,frozen mixed berries, oranges and 2 gala apples
I picked up a random few odds and ends at Winco yesterday. I'm completely obsessed with the Dilly Bites pickles and right now Winco is selling the cutie oranges for like $1.98 for five pounds. It's still a little early for them to taste really sweet, but they're good in juices. I also had to try the Revive hibiscus refresher kombucha since I enjoyed the ginger lemon lime so much.
I did not like this flavor as much as the lemon lime ginger. Hibiscus is tart which I like, and kombucha is a bit vinegar-y which I like, but I don't like the two together. This wasn't bad, I just wouldn't choose this flavor again. But the ginger lemon lime is aces.
I also made another batch of low sugar fudge. I know I'm blurring the lines because there is sugar in this, but very little and I only have a square or two. It tastes like Justin's peanut butter cups!
I'm going to get a few more groceries today for my final week of this elimination diet. I'm kind of planning what habits I will be keeping and what I will lose after this last week. Honestly I don't feel much different, and my clothes aren't looser so it's not like I've dropped weight so I don't even know if it helped at all!
Cats definitely don't help when it comes to yoga! I ended up doing yoga off of the mat. They're really nursing me back to health!






6 comments:

  1. It's so frustrating when you try an elimination diet and it just doesn't help. I am at the same point where eliminating gluten has made zero difference so I'm pretty much going to start eating it again because why deprive yourself if it doesn't help? I totally understand how you're feeling!

    The haul looks great and OMG that fudge!!! It looks incredible and if it tastes like Justin's peanut butter cups it must be delicious too! Haha kitty yoga!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I have never had an issue with gluten, or anything that I'm eliminating. It's just so frustrating. After this last week, I'll stay gluten free most of the time because every single article has said I should avoid gluten, but I'm definitely having soy again! I want all the tofu!!!

      Delete
  2. The fudge sounds great, Justin's PB cups are the best.
    I'm sorry that you haven't found something that has helped. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fudge tastes just like Justin's!!
      Thank you, I am too. I haven't given up yet, but I am definitely frustrated.

      Delete
  3. What a great price on the cuties! I like them even when they’re not too sweet, one or two are perfect for a snack.
    Glad the fudge hits the spot for a sweet bite, it’s certainly more healthy than any you would buy.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind not so sweet cuties either. I have definitely been enjoying them at night when I get just a mild sweet tooth. And since I've been eating so much less sugar they taste even sweeter!

      Delete