Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Nog Coconut Yogurt and Violife Parmesan

I like to take yogurt to work because it's a quick snack that keeps me from getting hangry. I tried Trader Joe's coconut milk yogurt awhile ago and I was not a fan. I don't even remember if I liked the taste because the texture was so offensive to my mouth and that's all I remember. It was super thick in a very weird fake way. Like I could feel whatever starch they used. 
Someone posted this on Instagram and said the texture was much better than their other yogurts. I decided to give it a try. I was so scared to take that first bite. But Instagram was right! They improved the texture, and the flavor is seriously out of this world. It's very noggy! I really wish I would have gotten more! This is by no means healthy yogurt. It has only one or two grams of protein and obviously a lot of sugar, but it's a really tasty treat! Tis the season!

I finally decided to try the Violife Parmesan last night. The first thing I noticed was how much it smelled like Parmesan! And I tasted a bit and the texture and flavor are pretty dang spot on!! I have to say that Chao has been my favorite vegan cheese for years, but I think Violife might be my new fave.
Atrocious picture, but delicious meal. I just tossed the gnocchi with some of the sun dried tomato pesto and shredded parm and had an amazing salad with baked tofu, pepperoncini and sunflower seeds. The violife added that salty unctuousness that I remember from Parmesan. I love nooch on top of pastas, but this was a nice treat. I felt like I was at a restaurant or something!
I also made another pan of delicious, fudge-y black bean brownies! I always use this recipe and they always turn out perfect! This time I added chocolate chips and used coconut sugar and maple syrup instead of regular sugar. They even get that brownie top!!! I've tried a lot of gluten free brownie mixes which are always double the price of gluten full mixes and these are my favorite brownies ever. They're so fudge-y and inexpensive and easy to make. Yum!





12 comments:

  1. Ooooh everything looks so comforting and delicious! I have to try the Violife Parm, it sounds so good!! Those brownies, OMG. I may need to make a pan of those for the holidays this year because chocolate is always a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can find the feta sometime in my lifetime!! But the Parm is so good!!
      The brownies are so fudge-y and pretty guilt free!

      Delete
  2. Whoah- i’ve never seen that parm! And parm is one thing i do really miss, anything with a salty umami flavor gets me. That dinner sounds so good!
    Dairy free yogurt is so hit or miss- and it seems the good ones are all high in sugar. I’ve gone back to making chia pudding lately with coconut milk and a date that i mash with a little hot water, i add some defrosted raspberries too. Tasty and filling!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The parm is so good! It totally has that umami flavor!
      I agree, all the good yogurts are kind of bad.
      I need to get back into making chia pudding.It really is much more filling an satisfying.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I am really impressed with all of the violife cheeses I've tried. It's even really hard like Parmesan!

      Delete
  4. I need to try that coconut nog yogurt! I love eggnog flavored things. ^__^ I am surprised it has ANY protein. Most coconut yogurt has zero protein. But it is a treat for once a year.

    Fudgy brownies are the best. I used to love the low fat "heathy" brownie mix because they were so fudgy. But I am 99% sure they use egg white powder. Haven't looked since going vegan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love eggnog flavored things you definitely need to try that yogurt! I'm braving Trader Joe's again just to get more!!
      I know exactly the brownie mix you're talking about!! I used to love those brownies so, so much. You're right, they do have egg whites. It's so sad!!!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete