Saturday, November 17, 2018

Tis the Season for Potato Sales!


I was near a store I never go to called Harmons and I stopped in for kitty food and scored a ten pound bag of potatoes for $1.50!! Ten pounds! I never go to Harmons because they're expensive, like Whole Foods before the Amazon takeover expensive so finding deals there is super satisfying. This might soun weird but I love cold baked and roasted potatoes, so I like to bake of a bunch of wedges an keep them in the fridge for a quick snack, or take to work because they're quick and easy to eat.
I also saw the Just Egg at Harmons, which is my first time seeing it anywhere, even Whole Foods! I was going to snap a picture but it was crowded, and I always feel awkward and like I don't belong as it is. It was $8.99 for a smallish container. The same size container as their dressings. At first I thought it was just Harmons, but a few reviews I've seen have noted the price being high. I'm a little surprised because I thought Hampton Creek was all about vegan food at affordable prices? I don't know if I'll ever try it because I would rather splurge on vegan cheese. I never was crazy about eggs, and I remember in Seattle I tried black salt and I was offended by the smell and it ruined a perfectly good tofu scramble!!
For dinner I had a big butter lettuce salad with sunflower seeds and banana pepper rings with Italian an a little just ranch. I also had some longboard fries dipped in just ranch. Kind of boring but it really, really hit the spot! Plants are just so delicious!
Blanket weather!

Today is the first day of no elimination, well except for gluten. I have to get some groceries this morning and I can't wait to buy all the tofu!!


5 comments:

  1. Yay for adding soy back into your life!!! Also, that is an amazing price for the potatoes! What a score! That is incredibly expensive for an egg type product, I would probably not take the chance on it since I've never had luck with egg substitutes. Your dinner looks delicious, the simple meals are the best meals I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy for soy!!!
      I was shocked at the price. But sadly I think $8.99 is the average price. I haven't tried the FYH egg replacer either. They're all expensive and I don't even crave eggs!!
      I think simple food is best too!

      Delete
  2. I know potatoes are so dirt cheap right now! lol Stinks about the just egg. T__T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the just egg at whole foods for about $10, and at another grocery that charges super extra premium prices for anything labeled vegan for $12!! Wtf?! I’ve lived for years without eggs or fake eggs in my life, and I don’t see that changing anytime soon until they can fix that crazy price. I would use it to do baking more than anything- some recipes a flax egg or aquafaba just don’t quite work.
    I would be VERY into that dinner! I have to have at least one big salad a day.
    What a crazy amazing find on the potatoes! Ha! I just scored a big bunch of celery for $1.50 (which is a great price here) and am snacking on celery pb right now :))
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like cold potatoes too! They are such a quick and easy snack, and so satisfying. Cold roasted potatoes are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete