Tuesday, November 20, 2018

See You in 2019 Trader Joe's!

Well, I braved Trader Joe's yesterday and it was pretty brutal. There was a time last year during the holidays where I actually left my cart and left. I just couldn't do it. I felt like such a dick because I work in a grocery, I know what a pain that is! Well, I almost did it again yesterday but I really needed groceries and I realized everywhere is going to be crazy this week. But in all honesty this might be my last Trader Joe's haul until 2019! I am trying to practice self love and sending myself into what feels like guerrilla warfare just isn't very loving.
Butter lettucex2, seaweed snacks,celery,green onion,carrots,concord grape juice,coconut milk,stuffed grape leaves,cranberries,nog coconut yogurt,apples,onion,lemon,tofu(!!!!) banana, dish soap,frozen strawberries, peppermint tea and chocolate peppermint almond creamer

I also went to Natural Grocers to see if they had any amazing clearance sales going on. I found a few goodies!
Kite Hill peach Greek yogurt(clearance) booch(clearance) thyroid health supplement(clearance)sun dried tomato pesto,roastaroma chicory herbal tea
You guys know I love Teeccino, but I rarely buy it because it's pretty pricey. But Natural Grocers has Celestial Seasonings tea on sale, and the roastaroma is very similar so I lucked out! I also found a thyroid health supplement on clearance. It's vegan and has things like iodine, zinc, selenium and other things for thyroid health.
This is what made all the stress from Trader Joe's worth it. I saw this the other day on Instagram and knew I had to try it. When I got home I made a cup of the roastaroma and had it with a little coconut sugar and some of this. DELICIOUS!!!
I didn't buy these but I thought I'd show a picture for anyone interested. These are new to me so that's always exciting!They also had a buffalo chick'n flavor. Dr. Praeger's can be hit or miss for me, so maybe if these are ever on sale I'll try them because they're also gluten free!






8 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about Trader Joe's but I'm glad that you were able to get with your haul! Ahhh I'm so glad to know that creamer is good, it is on my list for next week, I really want to try it!! I saw it on IG too and now that I know it is good I'm all for it! I'm glad you found a comparable tea at a great price! I'm now on an incredibly strict budget so I'll be using your tips in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg the creamer is so freaking good! I also discovered their nog coconut yogurt which are both seasonal items and I should have gotten more. They won't have them after the holidays!
      Speaking of budgets, the creamer is under two dollars! For flavored vegan creamer that's a steal!

      Delete
  2. Oh, my, yes! I can hardly bear Trader Joe's on a normal day but just before Thanksgiving sounds utterly horrifying. I generally love Dr. Praeger's so I am so excited to learn they're doing veggie chicken tenders! I'll be on the lookout for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so awful!! I actually thought I was going to cry at one point. I'm surprised I got everything on my list!
      What's your favorite Dr. Praeger's product? I love the Bombay burgers so, so much!!! I'm definitely interested in these tenders. Not a lot of chicken nugget type of things are vegan and gluten free.

      Delete
  3. Yikes i know exactly what you mean about TJs. Seems timing and what day you go can make a big difference- and what great goodies you found! That creamer doesn’t sound like something i want in my coffee but i would definitely add it to some hot cocoa.... and yay for tofu!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holiday times at grocery shops are horrific. I am glad you were able to get everything, and also the special thing that you went for!

    We have vegan gluten free chicken nuggets and schnitzel in most of our supermarkets, come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The seasonal creamer sounds delicious! I'll have to keep an eye out for the Dr. Praeger's chick'n tenders, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might get that seasonal creamer. I've been craving white russians again ??? Not sure why, but I wonder what it would be like with some of the flavored creamers.

    I have a bunch of teachinos that I don't drink anymore. I got them when I was pregnant, and bought WAY more than I thought. If you want me to mail them to you just message me on Instagram: @onerawbite

    ReplyDelete