Wednesday, December 19, 2018

WooHoo a Mini Haul!

Brown rice noodles,green leaf lettuce,tofu,hazelnut nut pod creamer,chili garlic sauce,kombucha,dark chocolate
I got an Email awhile ago asking me to take a survey about microwave rice bowls from Annie Chun's. They sent me a coupon for one free product for taking the survey. Very nice of them considering the survey was like two questions. I went to Smith's and chose brown rice maifun noodles. I've only had white rice noodles so I figured why not try something new? I'm going to make cold sesame noodles and try them out!
This kombucha came with no label so it was only $1.29!! It's Smith's store brand kombucha in strawberry hibiscus flavor. It's funny because my budget is pretty tight and I was mad at myself for not going to a thrift shop for another jug for my kombucha because buying it is so freaking expensive. Then this beautiful WooHoo sticker popped out at me. A magical moment.
For dinner I had super simple lettuce wraps. I used green leaf lettuce, tofu, brown Jasmine rice, and green onions. I made a little sauce with chili garlic sauce, sesame oil and tamari. This was so great. I love the textures, I love using sauces and I love eating with my hands. I'll be eating more of these in the future for sure!
"Sometimes you have to rethink the things you thought you thought through."  Winnie the Pooh



9 comments:

  1. I had a feeling we were in for some Woohoo finds!! That is such a great price for Kombucha, you really have found some great treasures in the WooHoo sales! How awesome that they sent a coupon for a 2 question survey. I love companies that do that. I can't wait to hear how the noodles are!

    The lettuce wraps sound delicious. I am inspired to have some more tofu in my life, yours always looks so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The noodles are great! They have a great texture and don't really taste much different than the white rice noodles!
      I don't know how I made it thirty days with no tofu!!

      Delete
  2. I wonder if Smiths and Kroger are owned by the same company! The discount labels look the same (LOVE those deals!) and the kombucha bottles look the same too! Those lettuce wraps look so good! I always forget about lettuce wraps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Kroger owns Smith's and Fred Meyer. Seattle has Fred Meyer, and now in SLC I have Smith's. So the Woohoo sales and stickers are definitely the same!
      I forget about lettuce wraps too. It's a fun different way to get those greens in.

      Delete
  3. I love anything with lettuce wraps...! That meal looks great!
    I’m traveling too much for work and really miss my own kombucha- i have to start all over again, it got too cold and my scoby is dunzo. Great find on the WooHoo booch! If you’re ever at Target they have their own brand booch that’s a good price.
    Yay for free stuff coupons!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually finally found a Target and got that sugar cookie tea which is my absolute new FAVORITE! Thanks for the suggestion! I plan on going back for more tea and also they had quite a bit of vegan stuff! I'll look for their kombucha!

      Delete
  4. I never remember about lettuce wraps, but they are so good. It is summer here, so they would be so refreshing and perfect for these hot sticky days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love having the hot warm food next to a cold crisp piece of lettuce. yum!

    ReplyDelete