Friday, December 28, 2018

What I've Been Eating

I picked this up quite awhile ago and it ended up getting hidden in my pantry. I came across it the other day and decided to have it with some potatoes. I just pre-boiled some potatoes and then simmered them in the sauce while my rice cooked.
Honestly I didn't love it. It was okay, but I wouldn't buy this sauce again. It had a sharpness I didn't like. Plus, I think I prefer curries with coconut milk.
This has become one of my favorite breakfasts lately. I just bake some tofu with salt, pepper and nooch and then top it with an avocado, more nooch and some hot sauce. So easy and really, really tasty. One day I had a tiny amount of leftover black beans so I added those and it was even tastier!
Here is another random but delicious meal. This is just a potato lentil soup with brown rice, curry and some coconut cream. I added a little coconut sriracha sauce on top and called it dinner. I also called it breakfast yesterday and I will today as well. I made this with odds and ends and it was under two dollars to make and I've gotten three meals out of it. Three delicious meals. Not bad.
Last night I had a sushi bowl and used the little seaweed snacks as wraps. I thought I had more veggies to add but alas all I had was an avocado. This hit the spot. Nothing ever compares to the wasabi burn!
In a rare turn of events the Queen of forcing a cuddle Etta was forced to cuddle with Afro and Kiki! Etta had scoped out the coveted couch corner and was hunkered down for some alone time. She taught them well!







6 comments:

  1. You have REALLY been kickin' it with the foods the last several months, girl! WOWZA! I've been keeping up on IG but now I have to comment blast you here! Sorry about not being around as much and I still have to send you your book! Woooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like You've had a really busy, but interesting past few months! I've been keeping up on the gram too!

      Delete
  2. Isn't it great when you make something really tasty out of random things you have around? I love it when that works out.

    I'll have to try your tofu breakfast sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best! It just feels like such an accomplishment!
      It's become one of my favorite meals. And it keeps me satisfied for quite awhile!

      Delete
  3. That tofu breakfast sounds delicious! I love seaweed snacks so much, and they’re totally perfect for making sushi bowl meals.
    Too bad the rogan josh curry sauce wasn’t that great, i have hit or miss luck with any prepared sauces- i think trader joes has a few vegan curry sauces. I’m too much of a spice wimp so i just always make my own with curry paste and coconut milk
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a packet of seaweed snacks at the moment, so I think some sushi bowls and mini wraps are in order. Avocado and tofu is a pretty solid 'filling'!
    Kitty cuddle puddle!

    ReplyDelete