Sunday, December 23, 2018

Super Simple Meals plus Cats!

Since I've been feeling a little under the weather. my meals have been pretty simple the last couple of days. Lots of juices and leftover lentil kale soup. I did come up with a kind of strange sounding meal on Friday, and it actually was so tasty I can't wait to have it again!
I baked two medium Russet potatoes, and then cut them, added a tiny amount of coconut oil, salt and pepper, and then a delicious avocado, and some sriracha and spicy mustard. OMG this hit the spot so hard. Why have I never topped a baked potato with avocado before? And who knew sriracha and spicy mustard were such good friends? I also gave a generous sprinkling of nooch because I feel like a baked potato is naked without nooch.
Last night I made Singapore noodles with baked tofu. Most recipes I've seen for this dish use bell peppers, but since I am strongly against cooked bell peppers I used shredded carrot and green onion. I used this recipe very loosely. I baked my tofu and of course changed the veggies to suit me. I also added crushed red pepper to the sauce for that spice!
Kiki and Afro are really going hard for that big cuddle award! I say it all the time, but I really can't blame Kiki for wanting to cuddle in that fluff!



4 comments:

  1. Those noodles look fantastic! I haven't had a good bowl of Singapore noodles in a really long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bell peppers are my favorite! I am surprised to hear when people don't like them much. I remember my Mom use to always order singapore noodles, it has been forever since I've had them. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baked potatoes sound amazing and your noodle bowl looks fantastic, too! Kiki and Afro are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like such a great topping for a potato! And I love Singapore noodles. Of course, I am against bell peppers/capsicums in any form, so changing the vegetables sounds like the right idea!

    ReplyDelete