Friday, December 14, 2018

What I Ate!

I'm super excited, I just got an Email from the library telling me that one of my reserved books has been returned and is waiting for me! It's the Eat to Live Cookbook by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. I think I'll be able to pick it up today. Just in time, I have today and tomorrow to look through recipes and get ideas and do a shop on Sunday.
I'm trying to eat extra veggies for the rest of the week just to help prepare myself and start forming those good habits! I took pictures of it all yesterday!
I started the day with a salad made with butter lettuce,Persian cucumbers, quinoa and goddess dressing. I felt great starting the day with this meal.
I had an orange, carrot ginger juice while I made lentil burgers. I used this recipe for the burgers. They're really, really tasty, although I would say bake them a little less. If you notice one is missing it's because I ate it. It kind of cracked so I just had it with some horseradish mustard. I like to have stuff like this in the fridge as a little meal or even a quick snack. I like them cold dipped in some mustard.
For dinner I had a bowl with brown rice, more butter lettuce, cilantro and green onion with some baked tofu and gochujang peanut sauce. I think peanut sauce is going to be a useful tool when it comes to maybe some vegetables that aren't my favorite. Or if I ever attempt to eat an entire pound of broccoli for breakfast, peanut sauce might help.
So many cuddles!





8 comments:

  1. Awww...no fruit juices, salt, oils, sugar or baked goods on the Eat to Live plan. Excited to see what your meals look like :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to be following the plan exactly. I won't be doing sos free, and I would never give up my orange carrot ginger juice! I'm really just looking for ieas and inspirations to get more vegetables in my diet and tweak it here and there!

      Delete
  2. Yin/Yang Kitties.

    I love a salad for breakfast! Still need to get over to Trader Joes to pick up a bottle of that Goddess, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! I'm pretty sure it's Annie's just repackaged!

      Delete
  3. Everything looks so good, but especially your dinner, yum! Hooray for kitty cuddles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Winter is for cuddles is what we say around here!

      Delete
  4. Breakfast salad is a great idea! You could also do something like a slaw with shredded carrots and cabbage (savoy cabbage or nappa cabbage is softer and makes a nice slaw)- you could totally prep the veg ahead of time and just assemble and add dressing in the morning.
    I really like the refrigerated goddess dressing at TJs, lots of fresh herbs in it
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peanut sauce makes everything excellent! And it is great over a huge pile of broccoli.

    ReplyDelete