Monday, December 3, 2018

Two Cats One Haul

Avocados, pasta sauce,red pepper, kombuchax3,almond yogurt,English cucumber,Valencia oranges,lemon,guacamole,iceberg lettuce,salsa,bean thread noodles,gluten free pasta, green onions,cilantro
I made it to the grocery to pick up a few more things to get me through the week. It's so weird seeing the lettuce and bagged salad sections everywhere looking so bare. Last week I had butter lettuce which I opened and use half the bag, and the very next day it had gone slimy which never happens so I decided until this is all sorted out I'll avoid bagged salads. I swear I need to have a garden! Oh, and Blake, if you're reading this picture is for you! My sandal and Afro make a cameo! The sandal is one of her favorite pillows for some reason.
Rice, mayacoba beans, iceberg lettuce, cilantro, green onion, salsa, guacamole, an a few chips for balance!
I cooked some mayacoba beans in the morning so they'd be ready for a burrito bowl later. I swear I tried to make it pretty but she's actually pretty messy. It was really, really tasty though. It's funny I always miss burritos, and I'm always hoping and wishing for a pliable, delicious gluten free tortilla and somehow I forget about burrito bowls!
There's a small part of me that likes that Romaine isn't an option because honestly I love iceberg lettuce for certain things. But I sometimes guilt myself into buying the romaine because I know it's better. But for things like tacos and burritos or bowls iceberg is really my favorite.
Monday Feelings!
I really, really get Joan. Here she is all in her little blanket fort. The blue blanket was completely covering her but I moved it to invade her privacy. She likes to be warm and cozy and always finds a private spot for some alone time. We are so alike!!


9 comments:

  1. I love iceberg lettuce on tacos. So crunchy. I found that I like the cabbage with the curly leaves or nappa cabbage that is thinly sliced as an iceberg lettuce replacement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like cabbage for that crunch too. Unfortunately for me I have to eat cabbage cooked. I don't know if I've ever ha napa cabbage raw.

      Delete
  2. Love the cameo by your sandal with its little caretaker, Afro! I had a cat (the late great Sweetpea) who had a definite shoe fetish. When I removed them, she'd immediately start rubbing her face all over them. Sometimes, I'd come in the room to find her with her head entirely up in the shoe. And she was such a prim little lady otherwise.

    Oh, and you're wrong about that burrito bowl. It looks delicious and gorgeous, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny! She prefers two specific flip flops too!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Your burrito bowl sounds so good! And aww, sweet Joan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel bad because I always invade her privacy!

      Delete
  4. Joan is my kind of cat. I would like my own cave to hide and nap in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why Joan and I get along so well. We get each other!

      Delete
  5. Your burrito bowl looks incredible! I'm with you on the bagged salads and OMG JOAN!!! So freaking cute!

    ReplyDelete