Thursday, December 13, 2018

Getting Inspired!

I got really inspired to try something new after watching a random YouTube video. They mentioned this book, and kind of explained how they ate. It's basically just trying to always choose the most nutrient dense food. Choosing quinoa over rice, Romaine over iceberg and such. I haven't read the book yet so I'm sure there's lots more but that's kind of the general point of the book. I'm feeling inspired to train myself to eat more vegetables. I definitely know I should eat more.
I also watched some videos of people who swear by eating a whole pound of non starchy vegetables for breakfast! Like they just steam a whole pound bag of frozen broccoli and eat it! I feel like it's something I might be able to work up to because I eat things that people think are weird for breakfast on the regular. Lentil soup, cold curry, salad with sauerkraut. So I mean veggies for breakfast isn't that much of a stretch.
Gluten free pasta,green onion,kombucha,Persian cucumbers,potatoes,carrots,marinara sauce,hp sauce,lemons,red onion,butter lettuce, coconut milk

Just a few staples to get me through the week. Sunday will be the day I stock up on all the veggies and whatever other goodies I see.
This was my dinner last night. Oven fries and tofu nuggets with a big salad with sauerkraut and goddess dressing. Notice my salad is in the bigger bowl? Look at me eating to live already! Ha! I dipped my fries and tofu in a just mayo, Dijon mustard and hp sauce combo. Really, really delicious!!
Poor Joan. There she was having a nap and here comes Miss force a cuddle. Boundaries aren't really a thing when it comes to cuddling!!


7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound like easy adjustments to make! I think I may start having miso soup for breakfast every once in a while (sorry random though, ha!). Great haul and cute kitty pics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea. I always feel great when I have it first thing, although I don't do that often enough. I might do that as well because I could have some of the greens I can't have raw like kale and spinach. Thanks for the great reminder!

      Delete
  3. That book is awesome! He has a six week plan more aimed for people who need to overhaul their eating but could certainly be worthwhile to adapt some of his key points- I certainly avoid oils in favor of fats from whole foods, and abide by his eat craptons of vegetables every day. A cup of beans a day isn’t easy for me, but sounds manageable with some effort.
    Absolutely a worthwhile read and inspiring point of view even if some of his opinions are a bit extreme
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, some of it is a bit too extreme for me, but I feel like I lack in the eat a crap ton of vegetables department so I really want to change that.
      The cookbook is ready for me at the library and I'm super excited!!

      Delete
  4. Looks like an awesome dinner! Joan seems resigned to her fate of cuddling, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Joan, forced to cuddle.

    That dinner looks perfect. I love HP sauce, and a big bowl of salad is just right!

    ReplyDelete