Sunday, December 30, 2018

More Simple Foods

I'm really falling in love with super simple meals. This simple bowl of quinoa and black beans with a little soy sauce, nooch and hot sauce was so tasty and satisfying. And it kept me full for quite awhile! I don't know why but I'm always pleasantly surprised when I eat something like this. It seems like it would be boring or bland, but it really wasn't. Obviously an avocado would have really taken this over the edge!
I made another super simple dinner. Gochujang stew with rice cakes and baked tofu. I made the stew a little spicier than usual, so I had some Basmati rice on the side.
It's getting close to the new year. Will you be making goals or resolutions?I don't usually make resolutions but this year I think I will. I think in the past I haven't made resolutions because of a little pessimism mixed with not believing in myself. I want to change that and making some goals or resolutions seems like a great place to start. I have some ideas, but I need to process them into actual thoughts.
I caught these two having a cuddle on the beloved pink sweater. Joan had it first and of course Kiki had to have a cuddle. Kiki is awfully cute, it's hard to resist her!



7 comments:

  1. Your simple meals look great!

    I don't make new year's resolutions, really, but every so often I like to check in with myself and set goals/redirect. I usually do this throughout the year and the new year is a good trigger. Maybe I have a fear of commitment! I don't know. But I am making some changes. I want to try to cook out of my cookbooks and not just off the internet (because why do I have cookbooks I don't use them?), for example.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never make resolutions either, but I'm feeling like I want to do it this year! I'm more like you though, trying to make little changes here and there throughout the year.
      OMG every time I check out cookbooks from the library I still look online for recipes and I get so frustrated with myself!

      Delete
  2. I need rice cakes and gochujang in my life! Once I get home from house sitting I'm making a trip to HMart and picking up all the things! It looks so good! I can't wait to try the rice cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same! I always am afraid a recipe or meal will be too bland and boring and forget how nice it is to keep it simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple is good!
    I am not one for resolutions, I normally just give myself a little cooking challenge each year (so 2018 was to make a pizza once a month), and I aim for 100 yoga classes a year, but other than that I never do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for simple meals, and such an adorably sweet photo of Kiki and Joan!

    ReplyDelete