Friday, December 21, 2018

Just Some Stuff

I went to Sprouts to get some avocados yesterday. They're on sale two for one dollar!! I also stopped at Trader Joe's for some lemons and Smiths for a few other things to last until Sunday or so. I've never been good with crowds but this year I'm having an extra hard time with the holiday crowds so instead of doing bigger shops I've just been picking up a few things here and there so I'm not in a store for long.
Avocados,potatoes,clearance apples,clearance seltzer,peanuts for the squirrels,kombucha,carrots,fruit frenzy bars,kale,tofu,clearance grape tomatoes,blueberries, green onion
My stomach has been a little upset and I was going to buy a fizzy water to help, and I came across a whole twelve pack of grapefruit seltzer on WooHoo for one dollar! The packaging had gotten torn up and it was all taped together. And the apples and grape tomatoes are in perfect condition, and were $.99 for each red mesh bag.
I saw this on Instagram and it seems it has made it to Trader Joe's hopefully everywhere? It's made with cashews, potatoes and carrots plus seasoning. My budget is really tight so I couldn't splurge. But awesome that it's here in time for any holiday parties!
Since I've been feeling a little under the weather I made soup for dinner. I used a whole bunch of kale, lots of garlic plus lentils and potatoes. I also added a handful of gluten free macaroni. It was kind of like a minestrone I guess. I swear soup is the answer when you feel a little under the weather. It's easy to throw together, it's a great way to get nutrients in and it's like a big hug.
When there is a fluffy belly nook, you can bet that Kiki will settle in for a cuddle. I really can't blame her!



7 comments:

  1. Wow, those are some great sales you found! I love how you are able to take advantage of great prices and fill up your fridge with amazing bargains. I've heard mixed reviews on that dip which is a bummer but great reviews on the ranch dip that comes with the veggie platter. THe soup looks amazing and so comforting. It is definitely the perfect meal for when you are sick. The best medicine will always be kitty snuggles though!!

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel weird about spending $3.50 on a dip made with probably a few cashews an mostly carrot and potato. Because potato queso is so freaking cheap to make!! I haven't seen any reviews yet, but I have seen lots of people loving the vegan ranch veggie tray!
      Kitty snuggles cure all!

      Delete
  2. You find the best sale deals and specials! Great score on the seltzer water! Hope it helps your tummy.
    I find going to multiple stores often more stressful than fewer stores less often but then again i think yours are close enough together it’s easy.
    That soup sounds fantastic and exactly right for anything that ails you. I always think soup is better the next day, somehow the flavors mingle and it improves
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very lucky that Sprouts, Natural Grocers, Trader Joe's and Smiths are all blocks from each other so it's really easy to hit all three. Normally I find that extra stressful too, but with the crowds it's easier for me to just quickly bop in and out.
      I so agree with you about soup. Curry is another thing. I always enjoy the leftovers much more!

      Delete
  3. Soup is great for when you are sick. It is warm and comforting, and both full of nutrients AND hydration. I think I remember reading something that hot liquids (including soups) reduce stress levels mostly because it forces you to sit down, and slowly consumer the food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your soup sounds so healing; hope you're feeling better! Loving the kitty cuddles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too would like to snug into a fluffy belleh nook.

    ReplyDelete