Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Some Food, an Update and A Cat!

I've been really loving stuffing a BFree pita with hummus, sliced baby Persian cucumbers and sauerkraut. This was my last pita, and I'm sad because unfortunately BFree products are pretty spendy so it's just a once in a great while treat.
Another day another curry for me! This one has red and green lentils and of course potatoes! I'm continuing on the comforting food train! I almost always use light coconut milk but this time I had grabbed a can of full fat coconut milk and I have to say it was worth it! The full strength coconut milk is so much creamier!! One of my favorite things about making this curry is having the cold leftovers for breakfast! I know it sounds weird but I like it!!
I wanted to give a little update on the job search. Actually the lack of a search. I was going hard for awhile, but after getting rejected by so many jobs I didn't even want in the first place I started getting really depressed. I also desperately want out of any kind of customer service job. But those are the jobs I qualify for. So it just seems to make sense to stay where I am until I figure it out or lose my mind. Desperation can make you do dumb things, and I don't want to leave one crap job for something worse. I've done that several times and I hope I've learned from those mistakes. So that's why I haven't mentioned the search. It's been called off for the moment.
I put the cat scratcher and their strings on the red chair when I vacuum, and this dork has decided it's pretty cool to nap princess and the pea style!






5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that things have not gone well with the job search. If it is helpful at all my therapist told me the end of the year is always the worst time of year to search for jobs. The first quarter is always the best so if you give yourself the rest of the year to recharge and go back at it after the New Year there will hopefully be more openings.

    The pita sandwiches look great and the curry is beautiful! You are definitely making some delicious looking meals. Sweet kitty, I love that pic! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me feel better. I figured it's not the best time. Hopefully I'll feel recharged after the new year!

      Delete
  2. Sorry things are not going well in the job search, hopefully something will be able to change soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, full fat coconut milk really is awesome! I was buying trader joe’s coconut cream during the months they didn’t have any coconut milk and would just use half can coconut cream and half can of water and whisk together- i still do that because it makes light coconut milk and i get twice as much for the price of one can! ;))

    Definitely wait until the new year to resume job searching. You deserve so much better

    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stuffed pita sounds like such a fun idea, and that looks like a very nice & comforting curry bowl! It sounds like you made the right decision to take a break from the job search; best of luck when you start looking again! <3

    ReplyDelete