Saturday, December 8, 2018

Sweet Loren's Cookies!!

I saw this cookie dough at Smith's the other day and I read the ingredients and they seemed vegan friendly, but at the bottom of the package where it says like no gmos, no nuts, no gluten onand on it didn't say vegan. So I mean I read and re-read the ingredients a million times before buying. I'm a sucker for a chocolate chocolate chip cookie! As I was taking this picture, I noticed the little v on the upper left corner!! If only I would have looked up I could have saved myself so much time!!
These are AMAZING! They are soft and fudge-y and everything I want in a cookie! If  I didn't know these were gluten free I would never in a million years guess they were gluten free. Best gluten free baked good I've ever had. Here is their website if you're interested. These were around $4.89 or99. More than gluten full cookie dough, but these are quality ingredients and it would cost me A LOT more to buy all the ingredients. Gluten free flour alone would be more than these cookies cost. And considering the outrageous prices of most gluten free things these are on the low end.
So many gluten free items have eggs or honey in them. There is not a single gluten free bread at Trader Joe's that doesn't have egg or honey or both. And sweet baked goods are worse. These cookies are proof that you don't need either. I hope more companies follow suit. It seems to me if you're cutting out allergens why not just go the whole way and make them vegan? I know people use honey for allergies but eggs are an allergen. It just seems like why not serve all the markets you can? Anyway, thanks Sweet Loren for making delicious gluten free and vegan cookies!


10 comments:

  1. Yay, such an exciting find!!! They look absolutely delicious and the price is really great for gluten free and vegan. I'm glad you were able to find a gluten free, vegan, affordable indulgence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was too, I've just been wanting cookies lately! I guess it's the holidays or something!

      Delete
  2. Awesome!! I rarely bake myself because I don’t keep the ingredients on hand and my oven is whacky (read a pc of crap) so I totally get buying cookie dough. How exciting to find these! And they sound so delicious!!
    Yay :)))
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good! I actually just picked up the chocolate chip to try! Fingers crossed it's as good!

      Delete
  3. Is that why the Enjoy Life rice milk chocolate often has honey in it? SO FRUSTRATING. The cookies look great. You'd pay more for a cup of coffee with a snack in most shops, so I think that's a win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so frustrating. I was at a store before Thanksgiving and I looked at every single gluten free bread item for stuffing, and every single one had honey or eggs. It makes no sense!

      Delete
  4. I've been noticing a lot more GF and vegan things in the shops here, and I'm not even GF, so hopefully that means they are starting to be more inclusive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. Now if we can just work on getting the price down!

      Delete
  5. Very frustrating about the whole egg and honey thing! I get it, there are lots of eggs in the gluten free products because they need more binding, but as you mentioned, for major companies you might as well try hit ALL your markets. It looks like they have a coupon on the site, and they are at Wegmans, so I might buy a box for my Mom. She wants to try eating gluten free to see if it helps her digestion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tried the chocolate chip cookies last night and they are as good as the fudge brownie cookies! You can't even tell they're gluten free! I think your mom will love them!!

      Delete