Thursday, July 2, 2020

Random Catch Up

Kiki enjoying catnip!
Sprouts had Pacifica chapstick/lip balm on sale so I picked some up. I've been a fan of Pacifica products since before I was vegan! Their Tahitian Gardenia perfumes will forever be my favorite! The chapstick doesn't disappoint either. I'm currently using the rainbow watermelon(pink tube) and it's fruity and nice and keeps my lips soft. No easy feat in dry ass Utah!
This is a great, summery kombucha! The mango flavor is light, and sweet but not too sweet. I really, really love Brew Dr. kombucha!
The other morning I was craving a salad for breakfast so I tossed some romaine, garbanzo beans and green olives with Italian dressing and sunflower seeds. I felt really great starting my day this way.

The fact that I felt so great starting the day with a salad, plus the fact that it was a grey rainy day made me want to have some healthy lentil soup for dinner. It was also a great use for the handful of gluten free rotini I had. Why do I do that to myself with pasta? It's the equivalent of leaving a sip in the juice container!
I also had some gluten free toast with Miyoko's cashew butter. That stuff is out of this world!!
Last night I made sesame noodles from The Asian Vegan Kitchen by Hema Parakh. (Thanks Blake!) Served with baked tofu and some shredded cabbage mixed with a sesame vinaigrette. This was a super satisfying meal!
Since the pink sweater is the most valuable real estate in the place and Bubba gets left out, I added another sweater so he can be in the area. This is the closest to cuddling I'll probably ever see these two! If you notice, Kiki's ears are still on alert in case he thinks about making a move!






5 comments:

  1. Awwww, that was so sweet to add a sweater for Bubba! I LOVE everything by Pacifica (currently obsessed with their rose kombucha face wash!), and Dr. Brew is my fave bottled booch too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that face wash at Target, I need to try it! I love that they're a vegan company so you don't have to read all the ingredients!
      Dr. Brew is so good!! I love the ginger turmeric flavor!

      Delete
  2. I love that Bubba gets his own sweater, do any of the others try and steal it for themselves?
    Those lipbalms look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiki is always trying to steal it! She tries to kind of take up both sweaters so he can't have either!! Le sigh.
      I love the packaging too!!

      Delete
  3. Your lentil soup looks delicious! I'm impressed with how close Kiki and Bubba are hanging out! I guess that's the magic of the sweaters!

    ReplyDelete