Saturday, July 4, 2020

Starch-y Kind of Haul

I made a trip to Sprouts and Trader Joe's yesterday. I haven't gone to two stores in awhile. I just needed a few things at Trader Joe's, but I also can't resist Sprouts and their amazing produce sales, especially in the summer!
Clearance Nut Pods creamer, vegan protein powder, teecino mocha herbal coffee,clearance FYH yogurt, apricot/plum hybrids, sweet onion, radishes, green onions, watermelon,strawberries,fizzy water,nectarines, oil free garlic vinaigrette, pineapple turmeric kombucha, tomatoes, vegetable and not chicken bouillon cubes, apples
Limes, lemons, red onion,cotton candy grapes, bananas, jalapeno, water kefir,romaine hearts, mandarin oranges, carrots,basil, artichoke hearts, celery, Persian cucumbers,dill
You may notice something missing from my hauls. Something I eat many times a week. Tofu!!! Also, no popsicles or treats. That's because starting today, (Saturday, July 4th) I am doing the ten day Mary's Mini. The Mary's Mini is basically a stricter, short term version of the Starch Solution. You just choose one starch, and focus your meals around that one starch for ten days, along with other non starchy veggies. I am allowing myself to have a small amount of fruit as well, because I've been cutting processed sugar out of my diet, and some fruit at night has been helping me with my dessert cravings.
I've chosen rice, because I've done the potato diet several times, and well it's time to move on! I really love and crave Asian flavors, and I just feel like I can do more with rice.
As anyone who has read this blog awhile knows, I have hypothyroidism, which makes it really, really hard to lose weight! I have tried so many things over the years, and while I don't gain weight, I also haven't been able to drop my excess drinking weight, and I haven't drank in years! It's very frustrating, and sometimes it's hard not to just give up, and just eat all the chips and candy and vegan cheese in the world.
It's only ten days, so that feels very doable, and I already eat rice with most of my meals so it doesn't really feel like a huge, overwhelming change.
This was my last non starchy meal for the next ten days. Sesame noodles with baked tofu, and fresh cucumbers. I added some jalapeno, cilantro and green onion to the noodles. It really made the noodles pop, and taste fresh and summery. Tofu and tahini, I will miss you, but we will meet again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment