Sunday, July 5, 2020

Day One Down

Day one of Mary's Mini done! It was pretty easy, I ate the flavors that I love, so I feel satisfied. Although last night I noticed I felt like I was missing some oomph in my food. I'm guessing protein or fat. Mary's Mini is also of course oil free so it's light. I'm sure I'll adjust, I feel fine it's just a little feeling I noticed.
celery and apple juice

I started my day with celery apple juice, and then had miso souo with brown rice. I also added some hoisin to my soup. between the yoga and miso soup, I felt so great yesterday. Like I made my body happy. This is the video I did. The instructor has a very soothing, positive energy that you can really feel.
At some point I snacked on these little guys. They're a plum/apricot hybrid called velvet apricots. The inside looks like an apricot, and they have the same texture. The taste is closer to a black plum. Plums always taste like summer to me!
For dinner I had Jasmine rice topped with stuff I remember on a Banh Mi sandwich. Well, minus the tofu and mayo of course! Radish, romaine, basil, cilantro, green onion, jalapeno and cucumber. I made a little dressing with tamari, rice vinegar and sambal oelek. It tasted so fresh!
Before bed I had some of these ridiculously expensive, but so, so worth it cotton candy grapes. This was my splurge this week, they looked so good at Trader Joe's. Super helpful for dessert cravings!!
After dinner treat

So far I feel pretty good. But that's to be expected on the first day, right? I'll see how I feel by day five or six. I don't think I'll be sick of rice, I think I'll just be missing some tofu and lentils to go with that rice! Or a nice peanut sauce drizzled over everything!




2 comments:

  1. Rice is good because it is so versatile and can be used in so many different ways!
    Meanwhile, velvet apricots sound all kinds of fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The miso soup looks very comforting, and those grapes sound delightful!

    ReplyDelete