Sunday, July 26, 2020

Small Vegan Whole Foods Haul

I needed plain, unsweetened vegan yogurt for a recipe I want to try this week, and it felt like a great reason to go to the Whole Foods downtown, which I've never been.
Violife cheddar cream cheese, strawberry filled chocolate, citrus pops, yogurt, cilantro, romaine hearts, gluten free flour,watermelon, more yogurt,fizzy water, water kefir,chickpea pasta, gardein veggie burgers,coconut milk, celery, carrots,oranges, lemons, more chocolate!
Even though I got treats, I took my time and scoured for sales, so I still kept my bill around forty dollars.
I spotted the gardein canned soup I've been hearing about! It's full of gluten so not an option for me, not to mention three fifty for a can of soup is a bit out of control, but still who ever thought we'd see vegan canned soup that isn't Amy's, or just an accidentally vegan soup.
They also have a whole row of vegan gummies!! I wish they didn't use the plastic containers though. I wanted to try some, but I ate too many vegan gummies awhile ago, felt a sugar hangover for a few days and swore never again. The sour lemonade rings sound so good though!




6 comments:

  1. Gardein has canned soup now! I hadn't heard! Not that I have any idea where to get it, mind you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just heard about this in either VegNews or Instagram, and I was really surprised to actually come across it!
      I wish it weren't so gluten-y, I'd love to try it!
      I hope you can find it somewhere near you!

      Delete
  2. Aside from the prices - what did you think of the downtown Whole Foods? It's been about a million years since I've been to a WF. I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but I think the last time I went they hadn't been bought by Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a small Whole Foods that I've been to, and the downtown shop looks so much bigger, and it is a little bigger, but I was surprised by how small it is compared to the Whole Foods I went to in Seattle. You could spend hours in that store and still not see everything.
      But of course they have things you can't find anywhere else.
      I don't like shopping there too often, because Jeff Bezos, but I will go back. Especially because they sell the only two gluten free gardein burgers!! And they have the best selection of vegan chocolate and candy!

      Delete
  3. I am impressed that you got all that and kept it so budget friendly! You are so good at finding things on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul for forty bucks at Whole Foods! I want to try the Gardein chicken soups! And the sour lemonade rings, too!

    ReplyDelete