Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Banza and Bubba!

I had written off all bean pasta after trying two or three brands, and not liking anything about them. They are heavy, dull tasting, and way too expensive to be so gross. If I want extra fiber and protein, I'd rather toss some actual beans in my pasta dish. But, I was watching a recipe video, and they made pasta salad with Banza chickpea pasta. it looked so good, and this person talked so highly of the chickpea pasta it made me want to give it a chance.
Fast forward to my trip to Whole Foods, they just happened to have Banza pasta on sale. I wouldn't have been willing to try it without a sale, because somehow pasta made from one of the world's cheapest foods is the most expensive pasta.
I'm pretty blown away by this pasta! it doesn't have that gummy taste or texture of other bean pastas I've tried. I like it better than regular old gluten free pasta! It has a nice, firm but not too firm texture, and no weird aftertaste.
I made a nice summertime pasta salad with black olives, red onion, celery, sliced baby peppers and of course Italian dressing. Really, really tasty.
For dinner I made some BBQ soy curls along with some pasta salad. This is definitely the most American, summery dish I've eaten in quite awhile!
We keep getting closer to cuddles. If there's anyone who's going to cuddle Bubba, it's going to be my sweet Etta!
Here's Bubba playing with his little poof that's been rolled in catnip! I love watching him being a playful indoor cat!

7 comments:

  1. I love Bubba's grim little face. Butchie, the first cat that was mine alone (not my parents'), was a battle-scarred stray who'd lived a rough outdoor life for his first six years before we found each other. He was a complete mush-ball and Mama's boy, but everyone who saw him thought he looked pissed off all the time because of his severe expression. Melts my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does have a very serious face! But he really is a mush ball too!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh! Their sweaters are touching, that is basically the same as them touching, right?

    And hooray for a decent bean pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sweet Bubba. I just love his little weathered face! And yes, chickpea pasta is definitely the best of the bean pastas! Explore Cuisine makes some chickpea spaghetti noodles that are really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BBQ soy curls and pasta salad are both perfect for a summer-y meal! I can't wait to see some Bubba & Etta cuddles!

    ReplyDelete