Saturday, July 11, 2020

Friday Eats

I've had these burgers in my freezer for awhile. I really want to like them, but I just don't. I prefer veggie patties over beefier burgers, but they still have to have some texture and juiciness. These have neither. I even tried cooking one in a pan with a little oil hoping that would help, and it didn't. They're just baby food in burger form really.
Yesterday morning I was craving a salad, so I decided to add one of these to my salad. I figured the veggies and moisture from the dressing would help. The crunch of the lettuce just made the mushy burger more noticeable! Ha!
Iceberg, radishes, green olives, veggie patty and clover sprouts. With Italian vinaigrette. I do love a breakfast salad!
Mid morning juice. Carrot, orange, ginger of course!
I had a few handfuls of these as an afternoon snack. I love the texture of cassava chips!
Dinner was bits of this and that turned into a Thai red curry with tofu, peanut butter, red lentils and potatoes.
Trader Joe's fruit frenzy bar for dessert. Raspberry, lemon and strawberry all in one pop. My favorite is the raspberry and lemon!
I also had these delicious cherry plums before bed. They're so, so good! They taste mostly like a plum, with a little cherry aftertaste. I haven't been able to stop eating them!






1 comment:

  1. 'Baby food in burger form'... wow, that's an amazing description of a mushy veggie burger!

    ReplyDelete