Monday, July 6, 2020

Hauls, Rice and Cuddles!

A few weeks ago when I went on a small road trip, I found this at a gas station in a VERY small town. I'm not even sure if it was a town! But I needed a pick me up, and this was accidentally vegan so I went with it. It's just black coffee with caramel flavoring, but somehow it tastes creamy, like a latte. Eleven out of ten!
Of course I haven't seen it anywhere in SLC, and I've been so blue about it. So, after a quick little product search, I found out it's sold at a little gas station near the Asian market! I needed some gluten free hoisin and mushrooms, so it was a great reason to pick up these little bottles of liquid gold!
King oyster mushrooms, gluten free hoisin, pickled radishes, sambal oelek, oyster mushrooms, green tea, rice noodles

It was so hard walking by all the tofu at the Asian market! You have to walk by the tofu to get to the produce and the rest of the store.
Dinner was very rice-y! Cucumber roll, and a hoisin mushroom roll. With a side of rice, and my new favorite pickled food, radishes! They're a little sweet, but not super sweet, and the radish has a great crunch. Pickle who?
On Monday we cuddle!



3 comments:

  1. Nice detective work finding out where to get those drinks near you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried onigirazu yet? That would be my first go-to meal on a rice-heavy diet. And pickled radishes would be awesome in them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rolls look great!
    And too cute cuddles!

    ReplyDelete