Sunday, June 28, 2020

The Star of the Show!

I know I just showed this yesterday, but it deserves all the attention, and it was heavily involved in what I ate yesterday!
For breakfast I roasted a Portobello mushroom and had a delicious sandwich on lightly toasted gluten free bread, with clover sprouts, veganaise and zhoug sauce. This was so good I'll probably have the same today!
I also had a celery and pineapple juice. I forgot to take a picture, but we all know what celery juice looks like!
I snacked on some dill pickle popcorn from Trader Joe's. If you love pickles and pickle-y things, you must try this!! It's only around in the summer!
I got some vitamin D and had some hibiscus tea and read some of my book. I really love that my apartment is in the city, but also on a very tree lined dead end street, right next to a school with a huge yard.
For dinner I made a cashew cream sauce and blended in some of the zhoug sauce. I stirred that with some gluten free rotini, and topped it with some white beans I marinated in the zhoug sauce all day. With a little butter lettuce salad on the side. I wish the picture really showed how amazing this was!
I want to make some homemade falafel this week, and use the zhoug as a dipping sauce, maybe even make a zhoug hummus?
This was the latest scene from the couch cuddle sessions. Never change girls, never change!!






3 comments:

  1. DILL PICKLE POPCORN! That almost makes me want to leave my apartment. (Almost.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuddle puddle delight!
    You have gotten some good use out of that sauce already! I love the idea of using it in a sandwich like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see all the things you'll make with that new sauce!
    Love the cuddles!

    ReplyDelete