Friday, June 19, 2020

Simple Truth Vegan Alfredo is.... AMAZING!!!!!!

 Simple truth is Kroger/Smith's/Fred Meyer's house brand of organic products, including food and cleaning supplies.. They have quite a few vegan offerings, including tofurky like sausages and deli meats.
I found a Simple Truth vegan Bolognese sauce a few weeks ago, and then last week I found a vegan Alfredo!
The sauces are under three dollars which for vegan and organic is a great deal! I remember trying the Victoria Vegan Alfredo and it was horrible, and seven dollars a jar!! Ouch!
The sauce is vegan, and gluten free. It's made with unsweetened soy milk and soy, which I assume might be silken tofu? Not sure, but it isn't too high in calories or fat.
I made some gluten free spaghetti, and added some baked tofu for protein and some of the sauce. To say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement!! The sauce is rich and thick, and somehow has that kind of rich, fatty taste. It coated the noodles perfectly!! I enjoyed this mean tremendously! It did need a little dash of salt, and of course lots of black pepper, but that's it. I also added a little extra nooch, although it does have nooch in the sauce.
I really, really enjoyed this sauce. It didn't have that bean-y aftertaste that sauce made out of soy can have. It just tasted like a rich Alfredo.
I would serve this to non vegans very comfortably. I don't even know if they would be able to tell! Especially with a little vegan parm on top!!
Ten out of ten I will buy again, and I highly recommend!!!
If you notice, almost all of the cuddle pictures I post include Kiki! She knows how to get, or force the best cuddles!!!



6 comments:

  1. Yep, I just had some today! My second jar. Amazing! And the price is almost unbelievable. Mine was $2.99.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think mine was the same price. Pretty amazing price, and I'm still blown away by how delicious it is!! I will definitely be buying this again!

      Delete
  2. That's awesome that you've found such a delicious Alfredo sauce!
    Such cuddly kitties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good, I was really surprised!
      Cuddle nation over here!

      Delete
  3. Sounds amazing! I made a silken-tofu based alfredo sauce at home a few nights ago, but it came out kind of bland. This sounds like it has an amazing flavour! And actually well priced!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This really did have amazing flavor! I like the texture of sauces made from silken tofu, but it's hard to make it have a lot of flavor!

      Delete