Monday, June 15, 2020

Hello!

I think I'm ready to come back to regular blogging! I didn't know how long I'd stay away, or when I'd feel like coming back. I've missed the routine. So much of my life is up in the air right now, I feel like I need some grounding.
Before I talk about food, I want to say that Black Lives Matter always. Racism and hate have no place in this world. I hope that the protests coincide with voting numbers. I know getting the racist politicians out won't solve the problem, but it's a start. I have to believe that we can all make a change. No Justice, No Peace.
Now I guess I can talk about some fun new stuff I've found and either tried, or am going to try!
Smith's/Fred Meyer/Kroger has really been stepping up their vegan game and I love it. They have a ton of faux meats like deli slices and sausages that seem to mimic Tofurky, but alas they are full of gluten. I miss tofurky peppered slices so much! But they also have two vegan pasta sauces, a Bolognese sauce and a vegan Alfredo!!! I have both in my pantry! I will definitely be reviewing it soon!
I love Yuba noodles, and really anything by hodo soy, but unfortunately their stuff is a little expensive for me to buy on the regular. I swear I could live on their curried tofu nuggets! I found these on clearance, yay!
I swear I've looked at these in the past and they had milk in them, which never made sense. Where does milk fit in with dill pickles? Well, either I'm crazy, or they changed their recipe, because these are now vegan friendly!! These are now my second favorite chip, after Snyder's of Hanover BBQ, which I can't find anywhere! They are tart, and salty and dill-y. Ten out ten!!!
I got my groceries from Sprouts this week, and they had Oatly coffee creamer on sale, so I decided to see if it's as good as all they hype. It really is. I usually prefer flavored creamers, but this is thick and creamy and really nice.
Sprouts had a new product with the Miyoko's farmhouse cheddar block. I didn't even know this existed! It was the last block, so it was my treat of the week! I haven't tried it yet, because I want to think of the perfect ways to use it!
And lastly these holic sauces. One is a spicy tahini that is total Yum, and the second is a jalapeno sauce. I cannot wait to try that one! I'll probably make some tacos this week and try it out!
I wouldn't say Bubba is part of the gang yet, but we're getting there. I don't know why, but it brings tears of joy to my eye when he's sleeping on the bed with other kitties! July third will be our one year anniversary!!!
I've fallen behind on my blog reading, I just was in a dark hole. So I look forward to catching up over the next few days, I've missed you guys!!!





8 comments:

  1. I've missed you! And wow!! I had no idea about that alfredo sauce, but I am soooo getting that on my next Kroger trip. They really have stepped it up! I love their vegan pre-made choc chip cookies and the ranch dip! Great news on those chips. Almost all of the Lay's flavors had whey before, so I just stopped checking. I used to love pickle chips, so I'll have to get some. And look at Bubba!! Warming up to the others! That's so great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the ranch dip, but I need to find it. I think I saw a vegan French onion dip that I need to try. It's so nice that they are giving us all these options, at a decent price!!
      I stopped checking the chips too, I don't know what made me check this time, but I'm glad I did!!
      I'm so happy for Bubba!

      Delete
  2. I missed you too, Hillary! I know how empathetic you are and was worried about you! Glad to have you back. And what a great post full of cool treats. You've really stepped up your hauling game from the days of a bag of potatoes and two blocks of tofu! LOL.

    Can't wait for reviews of all the cool new products (and pics, too)!

    Give Bubba a little kiss for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha I remember those days! Lots of times it was just potatoes, I couldn't even afford tofu!
      Bubba says Hi!

      Delete
  3. YAY FOR NO MORE MILK IN THE PICKLE CHIPS! Milk is in chips a lot because they use whey to make the flavorings stick, I think? So annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is annoying! I've always wondered why milk would even be in pickle, or salt and vinegar chips!!
      I'm so glad they've changed their recipe. But maybe my waistline isn't so happy!

      Delete
  4. It is nice to see you back. <3
    I am so excited that they took the milk out of those dill pickle chips, I wish we could get them here, I be I would love that flavour.
    And so sweet to see the kitties on the bed together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're back! <3
    I'll have to keep an eye out for those pickle chips!
    That's great that Bubba has been hanging out on the bed!

    ReplyDelete