Sunday, May 31, 2020

Change Now

                                    
I've got so many food pictures that I've taken over the last week, but in light of the murder of George Floyd, I just didn't really care to talk about food. I've tried day after day to put how I feel into words, and I just can't.
Please watch this video. Killer Mike is someone who is so eloquent and intelligent, I hope I get to vote for him someday.
I'm going to leave this video here. He says everything I would ever want to say.
This is not the world I want to live in. We need change and we need it immediately.
Black Lives Matter!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. Like you, I'm finding this situation extremely upsetting. During the Obama administration I agreed with the artist Kara Walker's assessment that the murder of black citizens by racist cops was a form of "assassination by proxy," and honestly thought all this misplaced white rage would cease once their poster boy, Trump, was elected. But now I realize racists just feel validated and emboldened by his ascendance. The most frustrating thing is that, even though this Chauvin is now going to stand trial, he'll get off. Like they invariably do. This is disturbing and disheartening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what makes me the most upset about Cheetoh in cheif. He has emboldened racists. He's given them a voice, and is always complimenting them. And nothing happens when they protest with actual guns. It makes me so sick I can hardly stand it.
      I agree, I honestly think he will get off. It always happens. I just don't even know what to do!!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this!! <3 I'm about to watch Obama's town hall, and I'm hoping his words will bring some comfort. I went to a protest last night, and I was so proud of my city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The world seems to be coming together like it did in the 1980s for black South Africans, and that gives me hope.

    ReplyDelete