Sunday, May 10, 2020

What Happened on Saturday!

I don't know about anywhere else, but there has been a major shortage of sugar here in SLC. I needed more sugar for my kombucha, and I skipped that aisle at Trader Joe's because it was super congested. So yesterday I had to go to a store I don't go to often in hopes they would have sugar. Luckily they did, and I almost fell over because they had Impossible "beef"!!!
It was on sale, but still expensive. But It's such a novelty, and honestly I didn't think it would ever come to SLC!
I'm going to make tacos tonight with some of it, and maybe make a burger later. I'm sure it's going to smell overwhelmingly meaty like Beyond, but I can't not try something that is such a big deal!


I took my book, blanket and hibiscus iced tea to the school and sat in the sun for a bit. It was a perfect seventy degree day, so the sun wasn't scorching the earth!

I marinated some enoki mushrooms in a little tamari and sesame oil, and then made sushi! Actually sushi burritos. I also had an avocado and carrot cucumber roll. With a little salad on the side. I've never had mushroom sushi, it was really nice!
It never stops!


4 comments:

  1. I've never had mushroom sushi, either, but it does sound delightful! I need to make some onigirazu soon. Maybe I'll put mushrooms in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That meal looks delightful, perfect and fresh!
    I will be curious to know what you think of Impossible. I've never tried it because as far as I am aware, we don't have it here. Just Beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a marinated mushroom filling for sushi. We were just talking about it and have put it on our meal plan this week. Another one I love is mashed sweet potato with some sesame oil and sesame seeds mixed in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for hanging out in the sun and getting some reading in! Your sushi burritos look absolutely perfect!
    Such sweet cuddlers!

    ReplyDelete