Saturday, May 2, 2020

What I Ate plus What I'm Going to Eat. Potato Edition

I was going to go to Trader Joe's for potatoes yesterday, but I was heading out later than usual, and I didn't feel up to Trader Joe's. I decided on Sprouts because they usually have an okay potato selection, and a calmer experience. Although nowadays not much is really calm.


Japanese sweet potato, ginger yerba mate,rosemary fries,russet potatoes,pineapple, pina colada popsicles,garlic powder, hazelnut coffee creamer, romaine, celery, oranges,carrots,lemons,apples,avocado, booch
I was feeling oddly emotional at Sprouts about my ten day potato plan. I was looking longingly at things I never even eat! I had to remind myself this is only ten days. I think I'm missing so much right now, that missing food just felt overwhelming! I had a big talk with myself when I got home, and I feel better today!

I kicked off day one with hash browns! This is one grated russet and one Japanese sweet potato. With salt, pepper and a little old bay seasoning. This really hit the spot!
This flavor was recommended by someone. It's okay, definitely not one of my favorites. I enjoyed this while taking a very hot Epsom salt bath to soothe my nerves.
I didn't feel like peeling and chopping potatoes when I got home, so I made the Alexia rosemary fries. Pretty freaking tasty. I had some leftover slaw tossed with Italian dressing.
Day one down, I feel pretty good today, and I feel ready to tackle day two. I do feel a bit lighter today, it might be in my head because I so want it to be true. But either way I'll take it since good feelings can be sparse right now!


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better! I know what you mean about looking longingly at things you don't even eat. I'm suddenly worried about lots of things I never eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for hashbrowns and fries! And excellent potato day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hashbrowns look amazing, and I love those fries! Glad to hear you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your potato meals look absolutely delicious. The hash browns look absolutely delicious and the slaw and fries sounds perfect. I'm looking forward to following your potato adventure!

    ReplyDelete