Sunday, May 24, 2020

Trader Joe's Haul, plus Shoes!

Yesterday was grocery day, and I also needed a new pair of sandals, so I went to Target first. Target isn't my first choice for clothing, but choices are limited right now.
They had all sandals buy one get one, so I scored both pairs for seventeen dollars! Fake leather of course. Kiki approves!
I also saw these! I've seen the Nashville hot chick'n tenders on Instagram, but I've never seen them in person. And the gochujang wings were screaming my name!! Why does gardein have to be so gluten-y!!!!
I also spotted these, which luckily have no gluten! I couldn't decide which flavor, so I got both. These are three something a box, so cheaper than other ice cream style bars. I really enjoy Chloe's fruity bars, so I have high, high hopes, especially for the raspberry!
Sweet onion, apples, raw cashew pieces,watermelon facial mist,potatoes, tofu, celery, romaine hearts,butter lettuce,oranges,tiny avocados,black beans, red lentils,risoni,coconut milk, beefless ground,water kefir, watermelon, Jasmine rice, gluten free flour

I have to say that normally I avoid Trader Joe's on a Saturday, but now with the pandemic, they only allow a certain number of people in at once, so it wasn't that bad. I mean, getting groceries anywhere is a nightmare right now.
I picked up gluten free flour, because I'm going to attempt to make my opwn gluten free bread. I'm scared to try, but I also really hate and resent the cost of gluten free anything, especially because it's usually not that good. I don't have a bread maker, or a stand mixer so this could be a failure. A lot of gluten free baked goods also have a lot of weird ingredients as leavening agents, and I am not running around town trying to find Xanthan gum or anything like that. I've found a few recipes online that I think I can work with.
I miss sandwiches, and I miss having bread with soup. I don't really think my gluten free bread will be any better than store bought, but if it's just as bad at least it will be cheaper. The bag of gluten free flour was less money than a loaf so at least I will save money!




3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your baking endeavours!
    I am excited to hear your thoughts on the raspberry pops, they would have been my pick! And yay for getting a good deal on some sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried Yum Universe? she has a lot of gluten free baking. I have not attempted any recipes but they sound interesting..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute sandals, and the ice cream pops sound great! Good luck making gluten-free bread; I'm excited to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete