Friday, May 1, 2020

Foodz

I made a lentil and tofu peanut curry the other night. I used red and green lentils. This was creamy and delicious.
I had the leftovers for breakfast the next day with a gluten free tortilla in place of naan, I swear sometimes I make curries just for the leftovers!
One of my favorite recipes, sesame noodles from The Asian Vegan Kitchen. With baked tofu tossed in a combo of hoisin and vegetarian oyster sauce. Beige and brown, but delicious!
I really love this ice cream, not so much because of the low calories, although it is a bonus, but the texture is so light and whip-y. It's actually kind of like eating cocowhip with stuff in it.
Stress snacks
For my last tofu meal for awhile, I had baked tofu with rice, Asian slaw and spicy peanut sauce. A classic for me.
Starting today, May first, I'm going to do a little ten day potato diet. I'm not going to be super strict in the sense of eating only potatoes with no fat or anything. I'm going to eat potatoes, green veggies and maybe some fruit. But I am going to use a little oil when I roast potatoes, or some plant milk if I have mashed. I'm not really doing this to drop weight, I'm doing it because my anxiety has really caused my stomach and digestion to be wonky and I remember when I did the potato diet in the past, my digestion was perfect, I felt like a well oiled machine.
I'm going for ten days, and I'll see how I feel. If I feel great and want to go a little longer I will.
I'll be back tomorrow with what I ate today on day one!
I leave you with Bubba, being the king that he is on the red chair. Look at his little foot hanging off, he is in full lounge mode!!!






9 comments:

  1. I love Good Thins crackers and I'm living vicariously through you seeing them here!

    I hope your potato diet helps you out. I know anxiety makes it hard for me to eat sometimes, too. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first time trying them, they're so good! I'm going to miss them for the next nine days!!
      Thank you. I already feel kind of better, not sure if I'm just imagining it.

      Delete
  2. I think the potato diet is a good plan for improving wonkiness. Maybe also consider sipping some herbal teas throughout the day like chamomile, St. John’s wort, catnip or valerian root. Hoping all goes well and you'll feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen catnip tea. I do sip on ginger and sometimes peppermint tea throughout the day. I'll have to look for those other teas. Thanks for the suggestions! I feel like St. John's wort is a great idea!

      Delete
    2. Cats also love catnip tea as a treat. It makes them happy. If you do get the tea, make a batch, cool it down to room temperature, give a little to your cats and they will forever thank you. Check the interwebs for more info.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your potato dishes, and I hope your stomach feels better!
    Bubba looks so magnificent on his throne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bubba! Delicious looking meals, your tofu dishes look so amazing and that ice cream sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete