Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Trying New Things

I was craving something new, but yet familiar last night. I like trying new recipes, but I've found when I try recipes kind of outside of my comfort zone, it can sometimes be a disaster. Especially during these times.
I have rice noodles to use, and as always I wanted something spicy. So, I found a recipe for Dan Dan noodles. I have never had Dan Dan noodles, vegan or not. I looked at quite a few recipes, and it seems they're usually made with some kind of wheat pasta, I'm sure it's a deliciously chewy and bouncy noodle. Ah gluten, how I miss you. I of course used my flat rice noodles which are delicious in their own way.
I used this recipe because it used ingredients that I had on hand. Minus the mushrooms and spinach. Although I had celery, I thought it would be weird alone in the dish so I skipped that too. I subbed in a few slices of fried tofu.
I love ginger-y dishes, and the ginger really stood out in the sauce.
I definitely see myself making this again
I really missed out as a kid! I'm not crazy about the blue raspberry, but the cherry and lemonade make it worth it!!


3 comments:

  1. Yay for trying new recipes!
    Speaking of new recipes, I tried the celery salad you posted the other day (minus the chili of course) to serve with some tofu and rice and it was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those noodles sound fantastic; I'll have to try the recipe sometime! And hooray for fun popsicles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you enjoyed the new recipe, it looks delicious! An ice pop sounds amazing and refreshing, I'm going to need to try to remember to pick some up!

    ReplyDelete