Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Curried Chickpea Salad!

I saw a picture of a chickpea salad the other day and it really sparked a craving. I also have some gluten free bread that I need to use so it was meant to be.
I decided to make a curried chickpea salad because I like everything with a bit of spice! It turned out really well, and I wrote down the recipe, if you can really call it that!




                                                                        


                                                          Curried Chickpea Salad

  • 2 Cups Cooked Chickpeas (3/4 C. Dried) or 1 Can Chickpeas
  • 2 Stalks Celery Diced
  • 1 Large or Two Small Dill Pickles Diced
  • 3 T. Vegan Mayo
  • 3/4 Tsp. Yellow Mustard
  • 1/2 Tsp. Salt
  • 1/4 Tsp. Black Pepper
  • 1/2 Tsp. Curry Powder
  • 1/2 Tsp. Sriracha (optional)
Mash your chickpeas with a fork or potato masher, leaving some whole. If you prefer a chunkier salad you can leave them all whole. Add the mayo and mustard, followed by the celery and pickles and seasonings. Stir until everything is blended together, and taste for seasonings. I added a little extra sriracha!
 

I toasted two slices of gluten free bread and added some alfalfa sprouts and it hit the spot! I also had some on some rice crackers, and just with a spoon!
I think curries always taste better the next day, so I anticipate an even better sandwich tomorrow!

I also wanted to thank my secret VegNews fairy! Last year I started getting this in the mail, and I don't know where it came from. A few months ago I got a card telling me my subscription was about to run out. I don't have the extra money to renew, so I was very surprised to keep getting them! Whoever you are, thank you so much!! I have ALWAYS loved magazines so this is a real treat and I really appreciate it!

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about magazines! Not only do I have several subscriptions of my own, but I get my sister-in-law's copies ofa bout 10 different mags after she's done with them and my husband can't stand it.

    Lauren Christy has a song called, "Magazine" and the chorus goes, "The boys will never get it, but the girls all understand." Not even 100% sure what the song is about (I'm sure it's some social commentary) but that sentiment always makes me laugh. Here's a link to the song on YouTube:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JIH56qlXsM

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really tasty! I'm only beginning to appreciate the joys of curry powder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so nice about the magazine. I once won a 5 year subscription to a raw food magazine. It's so cool when they arrive in the post. What a lovely surprise gift. By the way I made your curried coconut hummus recipe today. That's nice lunches for us for a few daYstrad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the magazine fairy!
    I love chickpea salads, and I see some of them in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, this looks so good! I'll have to try adding some curry powder the next time I make chickpea salad!

    ReplyDelete