Sunday, April 26, 2020

Stressful Haul plus What I Ate to Recover!

Enoki mushrooms, Jasmine rice, soy chicken slices, vegetarian(vegan) oyster sauce, gluten free scallion crackers, hot chili oil,fried tofu, regular tofu, ginger, mushroom powder
I ran out Friday afternoon for cat supplies, and decided to run into the Asian market for some tofu and rice. Of course I grabbed some other goodies as well.
It was a bit stressful, very busy and NO ONE was respecting social distance, or even any kind of personal space, pandemic or not.
Since Friday was stressful and upsetting, yesterday I worked on my mental health. I did yoga, took a walk and enjoyed the sun, and made sure I ate healthy foods.
Kitchari
Celery apple juice

I made a sauce using the vegan oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, tamari and some sambal oelek and coated some of the fried tofu and the soy chicken slices. Pretty dang tasty. I've never had or used oyster sauce to my knowledge, but this is made with mostly mushrooms, so it has a really deep, savory flavor. Luckily, I know I've seen The Viet Vegan use it many times, so I'm going to look to her for inspiration!



3 comments:

  1. Oh that sauce sounds lovely!
    I am so mad that people are still not respecting the boundaries that we need to have in place to keep us safe! I am going shopping on Thursday (first time leaving the house house in three weeks, actually), and I am hoping that people are sensible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself! Yes, people just don't understand social distancing, I think. Six feet is an uncomfortably weird distance to stand from people in most of the U.S. I can't even feel comfortable walking since so many people seem to get so close. The most I can do is hang out on my own porch and do indoor yoga with the windows open.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were able to have a nice day to recover from the stress of going out, and the sauce sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete