Friday, April 24, 2020

Quarantine Drinks and Eats!

Celery Apple Juice



Orange Carrot Ginger Juice
I'm still drinking juice everyday. It's always one of these two juices. Remember when celery juice was all the rage? People were doing it as part of their New Year's resolutions. Just a few months ago, those were such innocent times huh?
I bought this months ago at Target, and I found it behind some tea. I'm definitely not slaying anything right now, but it can't hurt. We all need less stress now!
I found some frozen raspberries in my freezer, so I made a big smoothie with banana, raspberries, avocado and some flax meal. Very raspberry forward, delicious!
I made a kidney bean curry the other night. I used this recipe. I left out the ghee and cloves. It was okay, definitely not my favorite curry. But it reminded me that I love kidney beans, and that I don't eat them nearly enough!



Sprouts had huge russet potatoes on sale two pounds for a dollar, so I've been having baked potatoes with a little coconut oil, salt and pepper, and of course nooch!! I love having a baked potato for breakfast!



Last night I had some spicy hoisin glazed tofu with rice and a little iceberg with a sesame vinaigrette. I love the cool crunch of the lettuce with the warm rice and tofu.
I took these pictures the other day. I was having so many feelings at once. The sky was grey and getting ready to storm, and I just felt so connected to nature. Spring is springing here, and the city air is so much fresher when I take my walks!

6 comments:

  1. I've had baked sweet potatoes for breakfast, but not russets--and yet there is no reason why I shouldn't; that sounds fantastic! I'm glad you're still able to find meals to put together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been eating a lot of repeat meals, but I'm still enjoying them!
      When I pick up Japanese sweet potatoes, I like having those for breakfast!

      Delete
  2. Yay for baked potatoes for breakfast!
    Your tofu bowls always look so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about shredding a potato for hash browns, but I was too lazy!
    I just scored some more tofu so I'll be having a lot more bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your meals look so amazing! I want that tofu OMG! I haven't had tofu in my fridge in too long, I think it's time to try and find some. The juices and smoothies are such gorgeous colors. I need more colorful food in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your raspberry smoothie sounds amazing and it's such a pretty color! The trees in spring are so cheery on dreary days!

    ReplyDelete