Sunday, April 19, 2020

What I'll Be Eating

I was in need of some fresh produce so I went to Sprouts yesterday. They were kind of picked over, but they had a few good deals. It also thankfully wasn't super busy, so distancing was very easy.
Coconut milk and cream, ginger, potatoes,gluten free bread,vegan mayo smoked tofu, guacamole salsa,celery, carrots,cutie mandarins,lemon ginger tea,fugi apples,cara cara oranges, silk oat creamer,nada moo ice cream, cherry lemonade kombucha
I splurged on these little gems. They're kind of like little vegan kit kats, but also like those little wafer cookies with the layer or cream, only chocolate covered. I HIGHLY recommend these if you ever see them!!
Hoisin sauce, tomato sauce, bananas, sambal oelek, kidney beans, tofu, green tea

I had to run to Smith's for cat supplies so I picked up these few things that were cheaper. I panicked at Sprouts because they were out of all tofu, so thankfully Smith's had three packages of medium firm left!
I need toilet paper, I'm on my last roll and of course there was none to be found, even at Sprouts. Panic buying seemed to have somewhat slowed down, but I think the two earthquakes in one week reignited the fear.
Does anyone else feel drained and sad when you get home from getting groceries? It's just so weird out there, and it just feels so cold.
As an introvert, socially awkward person who hates small talk with strangers, I thought this would be so easy, but it's different when it's all forced. And it's like none of really know quite how to act in public, so we're all just being awkward.
I know it sounds trite, but I really am glad for this little blogging community. It's like a cozy sweater during these dark times.

4 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean. I'm fine at home, mostly--I'm very introverted--but if I have to somehow encounter other people it sucks everything out of me. I went to take out the trash and a FedEx delivery driver was leaving something for a neighbor so I stopped and waited until he'd cleared the area before I returned to my door. He smiled and waved at me and I waved back, but it felt apocalyptic out there, not being able to go home until he got back into his truck, and that's just in the parking lot! I went to the grocery store two weeks ago and decided I just couldn't go anymore. Too risky for someone with an autoimmune disorder. But also, it was utterly exhausting.

    It's awful that you can't get the toilet paper you need. I traded some stuff with a a neighbor a few times to get toilet paper. I really hope you can get what you need soon, and in the meantime, that your chocolate is a comfort. I don't know why, but the toilet paper shortage has been one of the most stressful things about this whole mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also know what you mean. I'm honestly ok being stuck at home. I don't like that I'm forced to do it but I don't feel lonely, sad or bored while in quarantine. Grocery shopping was a really brutal experience for me the first time but the second time wasn't too bad. It's just really scary and sad when grocery shopping feels dangerous.

    It really is awful that you can't get toilet paper. I really hope you are able to find some and that it will give you some peace of mind. Your grocery haul does look wonderful and those chocolate wafer cookies are a perfect splurge-y treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so grateful for my blogging buddies. A very comforting community.

    Since my mum qualifies for a weekly grocery delivery, I haven't been to the shops in a couple of weeks to minimise the change I bring anything home to my parents. But the few times I have been before that, it was so strange. One time everyone was so lovely and polite and respectful. But times since then people just seem to be getting more and more careless.

    I really hope you can get some toilet paper soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Overall I think grocery stores are handling the increase of shopping better. It still boggles my mind how many more people there are, but it occurred to me people must eat out SOOOO much more than what I do lol

    It is very weird in the sense that each time I go to the store it seems like there are new stricter rules. I am pretty ok shopping in the grocery store, but I do get thrown off and forget where things are. I think it is because some aisles are completely empty or I am just more worried I will forget certain groceries.

    ReplyDelete