Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Self Care Day!

I've been trying to get outside an take a walk every day, or at least every other day. Social distancing is pretty easy because not a lot of people are out. And it's kind of nice because since there are less cars on the road, I feel like I'm actually getting some fresh air!
Spring is my favorite season, and I feel like it's not fresh and energizing as past years, but I want to still try to enjoy it as much as possible.
I love all the new signs of life, and the flowers popping up everywhere! It's reassuring you know? Yesterday morning I was feeling very, very low and taking a walk and appreciating the air and the flowers really cheered me up.
When I got home I made some roasted onion and garlic lentil hummus. I chopped some Kalamata olives for the topping. I wrote down the recipe, but it isn't perfect yet. I bought Meyer lemons this week which are great for my morning lemon water, but not the best for savory dishes. So, I subbed a little apple cider vinegar. I want to make it again with lemon juice which I think will be much better. It's still pretty dang tasty, the onions and garlic make it so savory.
I also made this DIY face mask to beautify myself! It's agave nectar and turmeric powder. Turmeric power is great for the skin, and I learned agave nectar is as well. You always hear about the benefits of honey for skin, but no one talks about agave nectar! Here is an article on the benefits of agave for skin. I'm telling you I almost don't recognize myself after I use this mask! My skin looks so bright an alive, as though I went to some bougie spa and got poke and prodded all day! I highly recommend!
For dinner I baked some tofu, and then mixed some gochujang with hoisin an tossed it around in there. Delicious! I also tossed some romaine with an Asian sesame vinaigrette. This meal was a great end to an up and down day!




5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to take some time for yourself, the blossoms are gorgeous! That hummus sounds delicious and your tofu bowl sounds absolutely delicious. Did the face mask stain at all? I know turmeric can really stain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have very blond eyebrows, and it stained them a little, but by the next day it came off. And it didn't stain my skin. But if you try it, definitely don't do it right before a meeting or something! But honestly I can't believe how amazing it is for the skin!! I looked like a new me!

      Delete
  2. Oooh, agave as a mask? Intrigue!!! Though it is so expensive here.
    I am glad that you have had some lovely walks and pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There has been some concern that the yellow pigment used to enhance the bright colour of turmeric may contain toxic amounts of lead in powder form. Using fresh turmeric can help avoid this issue, until this problem is resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those purple flowers, so pretty! And your tofu bowl looks incredibly delicious!

    ReplyDelete