Saturday, April 25, 2020

The Humble Boca Crumble

I found these on sale awhile ago and threw them in my freezer. Back when I lived in Seattle, my go to meal for meat eaters was tacos made with either these or Morningstar Farms crumbles, and black beans. They were always a hit, even to people who swore they could never eat "fake meat"
I know Beyond Meat and Impossible are all the rage, but I prefer these. The few times I've cooked Beyond in my apartment, the strong meaty smell is overwhelming, and I feel like it lingers for days. Also, these are half the price of Beyond, if not a little more than half.


 I cooked a big batch of dry black beans, and added those to the crumbles with taco seasoning. Easy peasy. I threw the leftovers in the freezer for another taco night.
I've read about this guacamole salsa a few times on Bianca's blog, and I picked some up on my last grocery shop. She is definitely right about how amazing this is! I had a lot of this on my tacos! It tastes like the baby of a tangy tomatillo salsa and a delicious guacamole. Ten out of ten will definitely buy again!
Bubba being cute! One of these days I'll get a close up of his baby blue eyes!! I'm so happy he's loving indoor life!



8 comments:

  1. That guacamole salsa is SO SPICY! I felt like I was dying and never finished the jar. I don't know if I got something mislabeled or if they really think that was "mild." I do spicy things sometimes, but all I could taste was fire. Did you find it really spicy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree!! I actually meant to buy the spicy, and I'm so glad I didn't. I definitely wouldn't call this mild by any means!

      Delete
  2. I love the Boca crumbles, they are my fav crumbles. I used to eat them with sauce and spaghetti squash all the time. The tacos looks DELICIOUS!

    Hi Bubba!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally remember those meals!!! The tacos were so good!

      Delete
  3. Yay for non super meat smelling crumbles!
    Bubba is such a sweet heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy when I woke up the next day without that meaty smell lingering in the air!
      He really is!

      Delete
  4. I haven't had the Boca crumbles in a while, but they are great! Bubba is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot how good they are!
      He is, his personality gets bigger and bigger everyday!

      Delete