Monday, April 20, 2020

Maybe Not The Best...



Last week I stumbled across this recipe claiming to be "The Absolute Best Lentil Soup" That's a pretty bold claim, and it happened to be accidentally vegan, so I knew I needed to try it. Yesterday was kind of a blah day, so it was a perfect soup day! Here is the recipe. I followed it exactly, except I didn't have spinach, and I added one peeled diced potato.
It's a great soup, not sure if I'd call it the absolute best, but I'm pretty biased when it comes to lentil soup. I always think every version I come up with is the best! But, it's still a really nice, hearty and flavorful soup. And it's nice to see an inexpensive vegan dish get a lot of love!
All is well, Target saved the day. I got one of the very last packages of toilet paper as well as my favorite deodorant. I can't wait until the day when toilet paper is not such an amazing score!






7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have toilet paper now! And, yes, I would love to return to a time when we could just...get what we needed.

    A lot of recipes claim to be the best something or other. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't wait for that time again. I find myself being tempted to hoard things, until I realize that I can't even afford to, and I don't have the room!!
      It's a pretty bold claim to be the best lentil soup, there are so many versions out there!

      Delete
  2. I am so happy you got toilet paper!!!!

    I love a lentil soup or stew. My mum has a favourite one from one of my cookbooks that I could send to you if you want to try something different! But you are so good at making them, you are your own recipe book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too! I was using paper towels which was strssing me out, because those are in high demand too!
      Please send it to me! I always love trying a new lentil soup recipe!!

      Delete
  3. Hooray for toilet paper; I'm so happy that you were able to find some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I really never thought I'd see the day when I'm celebrating toilet paper!!

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you got the TP!! What a relief!!

    ReplyDelete