Friday, April 10, 2020

In With the New!

I've been using this oatmilk in the morning with my tea and coffee. I love to use vegan coffee creamer, but I haven't found any sales lately. This is cheaper than any creamer, you get more, and I can use it in savory recipes if needed. It's pretty thick and nice in tea and coffee. And it foams up well when I make matcha lattes.
In keeping with the theme of new to me items, I picked up some household cleaning spray at Trader Joe's last week. I've used their cleaner before and love it, but this was a new to me scent.
Cedarwood scared me. My mind went to a dusty old chest in your aunt's dusty attic full of mothballs. But I couldn't have been more wrong. The scent is very light, and really just crisp and clean smelling. And it isn't tested on animals, it's eco friendly and works like a dream! Bonus, it's under three dollars for a pretty big bottle!

Have you guys noticed the whipped coffee trend all over the interwebz? I decided to try it, it was kind of a fail, but it tasted amazing so it was also kind of a win. I don't have a hand mixer, or even a whisk so I used my blender. I was scared of the blender getting stuck, so I added a little extra water which made it not get as whipped. But this is still the fanciest looking coffee drink I've ever made, and I used to be a barista!
I bought this sauce quite some time ago, and forgot all about it until I found it hiding this week. You guys, this stuff is SPICY! I mean, I knew it would be spicy, it's a Szechwan after all, but this is beyond my expectations!!
I made a hoisin glaze for my baked tofu, and added a little bit of the Szecwan sauce to that. It's very tasty, it just needs a little mellowing. I'm always shocked when something is almost too spicy for me, because I love and can take a lot of spice! Susan, this is definitely not for you!!!😁😁
I love coconut rice, and I've had this packet of seasoning for forever. I'm sure I found it on clearance or a WooHoo sale somewhere. I made it last night and it was pretty dang tasty, especially for a powder that is who knows how old!
I had some last night with some bake tofu and a little salad. With sambal oelek drizzled on top. The rice is super rich and goes well with the spice.
And going with all things new, this little baby tree is budding(?) and it made me smile as I took my walk. Thanks little buddy, I needed it!









3 comments:

  1. If you tell me something is spicy, then I know it will literally melt me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your whipped coffee looks so fancy! And such a happy little tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Szechwan must possess iron stomachs or something. I bought some "mild" Szechwan veggie dumplings and they nearly killed me!

    ReplyDelete