Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Spotlight on Celery!


The Sprouts brand kombucha was on sale two for four, so I decided to pick one up to try. I always like to have an extra kombucha on hand for the days when I'm second fermenting my home brew. So, I tried this the other day, and after my first sip I remembered that I've tried their booch before, and it's not even close to my favorite. It's a very dry kombucha, and I don't like that. I never liked a dry wine or beer, and I don't like a dry booch.
I found some article discussing the value of celery during these times, because it's inexpensive, versatile and you can do so many things with it. I buy celery all the time, but I mostly juice it, and have a few stalks dipped in peanut butter here and there. The article had five or six recipes, and this the spicy celery salad spoke to me. Of course, days later I couldn't find the article, but I found a very similar recipe. It went so well with rice and hoisin glazed tofu. I love the crunch and the coolness with the warm softer foods. Here is the recipe I used. It's so simple and would be super easy to double. I made it in the morning so it would be really flavorful later in the day. I've never really thought to let celery be the star of the salad, usually it's kind of just in the background adding crunch.
Another day another couch cuddle session. Kiki spends her mornings cuddling with Afro, and then evenings are for Etta!




7 comments:

  1. Still waiting for the day when Miss Kiki squeezes in an afternoon cuddle sesh with Bubba (LOL).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, please don't hold your breath! He's trying to be one of the gang, and will lay somewhat close, and Kiki will glare at him most of the time! But seriously, I keep hoping for that too!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, I so rarely make dishes where celery is anything other than a seasoning with with onions and garlic. This sounds good! And I should try their booch. I love a dry booch! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celery is one of my favorite veggies, but I don't think I've ever made a salad out just celery! I do love Waldorf salad, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celery is such a good veggie to have around! Though I must admit to mainly using it as an addition, rather than the star. But a celery salad sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The spicy celery salad sounds great! That's so cute that Kiki divides her cuddles between Afro and Etta!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'M NOW FULFILL FINANCIALLY BECAUSE OF THE LOAN I GOT FROM LFDS .I would like to bring this to the notice of the public about how i came in contact with LFDS after i lost my job and being denied loan by my bank and other financial institution due to my credit score. I could not pay my children's fees. I was behind on bills, about to be thrown out of the house due to my inability to pay my rent, It was during this period my kids were taken from me by foster care. Then i set out to seek for funds online where i lost $3,670 that i borrowed from friends which i was rip off by two online loan companies. Until i read about:Le_Meridian Funding Service  (lfdsloans@outlook.com / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com) somewhere on the internet, Still wasn't convince because of what i have been through until a relative of mine who is a clergy also told me about the ongoing loan scheme of LFDS at a very low interest rate of 1.9%% and lovely repayment terms without penalty for default of payment. I have no choice than to also contact them which i did through text +1-989-394-3740 and Mr Benjamin responded back to me That day was the I'M best and greatest day of my life which can never be forgotten when i receive a credit alert of $400,000.00 Usd loan amount i applied for. I utilized the loan effectively to pay up my debts and to start up a business and today i and my kids are so happy and fulfill. You can as well contact them through email: (lfdsloans@outlook.com / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com)  WhatsApptext  helpline: +1-989-394-3740 Why am i doing this? I am doing this to save as many that are in need of a loan not to be victim of scams on the internet. Thanks and God bless you all, I'm Oleksander Artem from Horizon Park BC , Ukrain.

    ReplyDelete