Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Sweet Things

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this creamer before, but it deserves another mention! I love Trader Joe's coconut and soy creamers. They're both great quality, and under two dollars which I always appreciate. This is just as good as the other two, with the added bonus of a nice vanilla flavor! This is also under two dollars which makes it a definite ten out of ten for me!
I made banana bread! I know it's been a quarantine trend, and I realized I've never even made banana bread, and I haven't even eaten banana bread in at least a million years. I used oat flour as the base, and used applesauce instead of oil. It tastes amazing, but the middle is definitely softer than I want it to be. But the top was getting pretty done, and I didn't want it to burn. Maybe next time I'll put foil over the top? Any suggestions would help, baking is definitely not my comfort zone.
These are pretty dang tasty! The outer shell is super dark and angry as Susan would say, but the inside of the truffle is like whipped chocolate gold! I feel fancy having a truffle after dinner!

The Gang!
If you look closely, all six kitties are close enough to be in the picture! I'm pretty sure this was a first! It's a quarantine miracle!!!



7 comments:

  1. I love that creamer! And I made banana bread recently too! I don't have tips for gluten-free baking though. I've not done much, and it sounds hard!! Look at all those kitties in the same place. I can never get all 4 of mine together because Seymour lives above the kitchen cabinets and hasn't been down in 8 years (he eats and has a litter box up there!!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gluten free baking is a huge pain, which is why I don't do it very often!
      I love that Seymour just has his own private life above the cabinets!

      Delete
  2. Not sure about gluten free, but in general, covering with foil will help prevent browning. You might also try putting less batter in your pan and getting a somewhat shorter loaf, if it's not cooking all the way through. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think next time I will make it into two loaves instead of one. It's been awhile since I've made any loaf type things!

      Delete
  3. Six kitty photo! We are blessed!
    Covering in foil when the top starts looking done should help keep it from burning while the loaf has more time to cook through.
    I love AlterEco Super Blackout 90% chocolate blocks so much. They are dark and angry and bitter, but also so smooth. I imagine their truffles would be quite good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Next time I'm going to make smaller loaves and use foil on top.
      The truffles are so good and rich!

      Delete
  4. I haven't made any quarantine banana bread yet, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time, lol! And oh my goodness, it's so cute to see everyone hanging out together!

    ReplyDelete