Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Not so Good Potstickers

Every time I go to Sprouts, I look at these, seriously tempted. A few times I've put them in my basket, then put them back. As you can see, the box is pretty small and they are pretty expensive. Over seven dollars!! There are nine potstickers, so that's almost a dollar per.
I saw them on sale at Natural Grocers, still pricey but I just wanted to try them so bad! I haven't had a dumpling since going gluten free, so two or three years now! It kills me when I'm at the Asian market, looking at all the vegan dumplings that I can't have!
I decided to make these last night. I followed the cooking directions exactly, and well, lets just say they didn't turn out nice and crispy like on the box.
They look rather anemic huh! I even cooked them a bit longer hoping they would get some color, or do something! The filling tastes amazing, it's they typical cabbage, carrot, mushroom, etc. The dumpling itself was on the heavier side as all gluten free things are. Normally I would at least give them a six out of ten because the filling does taste nice, but I'm going to say four out of ten because of the price. Definitely not worth it, and if you have a family you'd have to buy several boxes of these. I don't know why I fall for gluten free things, they're almost always a let down. I could have saved that money, or treated myself to anything else. Oh well, at least now I won't always wonder.
Kiki is on the hunt for a fly that somehow got in. I keep trying to get it outside, but it doesn't understand that Kiki is a dedicated huntress!





4 comments:

  1. Bummer on the dumplings! Some gluten-free products have gotten really good (pasta!), but some are still not great. I hope they get better! I also wish gluten-free items weren't so pricy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sadness! I know you were really looking forward to them. I had high hopes!

    Kiki's little alert face is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had some good dumplings in soy wrappers that are incidentally gluten free, but otherwise, pricey and often disappointing. Sorry you had such an unpleasant experience with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too bad about the potstickers!
    Kiki looks so determined!

    ReplyDelete